Last Ornaments, I promise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

Had a little free time in the shop this afternoon so I made a few prototypes for next year's ornaments. Each year we make about 30-40 ornaments to give away, it has become a real tradition. Last year I made light bulbs in four colors out of soft maple but don't think I ever posted a picture-

2005122241831_light%20bulb%20ornament.jpg

This year we made hollowed out ornaments that I have already posted elsewhere. Thinking about some "inside out" ornamants for next year. This is the first one I made (maple). Turned out OK but need to take off more stock in the first step, although my wife loved it and as you can see she already has it hanging on a tree.

2005122242118_Inside%20out%20plain.jpg

So then I tried to make a Christmas tree in an "inside out" ornament, tougher than I thought. This one is too skinny but at least I know the idea works. Just need to take off more in the first step, and also be a little neater with the green and red stain. This one is also hanging already, my wife puts up 9 Christmas trees. Each tree had a different theme, these are on the "leftover turned ornament" tree. The rest of the trees have a better theme but this is kind of the leftover and oddball tree-

2005122242451_inside%20out%20tree.jpg

I learned a lot about inside-out turning today, and also learned that I am a better turner than photographer. Oh well[8D]

Tea Clipper

Cool 'light bulb' !!!! I'll be 'borrowing' that idea. [8D] You and Kevin rock at these ornaments! I look forward to your tutorial collaboration..[}:)][:D]

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
They are all very nice woodwish, but I really like the insideout.

I tried a few of the insideout myself earlier in the season, and as you say, they are a little trickier to make...but they look so nice..![:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom