Last One From Batch Of Ten

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This is the last mug from the batch of ten I got from the $5.99 gas station mugs to use the stainless steel hardware off of .

I have a dozen more in transit from an on line supplier at $3.99 but won't be here in time to make more for this coming Saturdays craft sale. Every one from the batch of ten have been sold.
This one will be packaged up today and is going to Alberta for $39.00 along with the tree ornament to the same customer also at $39.00.

I cautiously tried a little texturing on this mug but it didn't show up as well as expected. Next time I am going to try both textureing and spiraling and make it more predominant.

TexturedCoffeeMug.jpg

364789323.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hdbblue

"I have a dozen more in transit from an on line supplier at $3.99"

Mind telling us where you found an online supplier at $3.99 each? The best price I can find is $8.00 each in quantities of 24 or more.

Thanks,

hdbblue

Thanks William, I've been searching for inserts, never thought of looking for mugs.

Now to order some, got a bunch of segmented blanks ready to turn.

W.Y.

What kind of finish are you putting on the mug in order to protect it from washing water not penetrating it?

450 degree silicone under the rim and in the inside bottom.
4 or 5 coats of polyurethane on the outside and one heavy coat on the inside.
I tell every customer to never put in dishwasher and preferably not even in the dishpan. Wash separately with damp cloth and dry. If they want the beauty of wood they will have to treat it as such.

Something like don't wash turned wood pens in the clothes washer along with the clothes :biggrin:

soligen

I found the 3.99 versions at my local hobby lobby, so picked up 2 to play with

William, what have you found to be the best way to remove the plastic parts without damaging the rest?

W.Y.

I found the 3.99 versions at my local hobby lobby, so picked up 2 to play with

William, what have you found to be the best way to remove the plastic parts without damaging the rest?

Take the screw out of the bottom (it is under the covering on the bottom) and give the outside shell a whack on the corner of your workbench while holding onto the top part . It will come right off.

Put a hunk of wood on your lathe and in less than an hour you will have a nice wood mug all ready to apply a finish . It's an easy thirty nine bucks.

Top Bottom