Largest Rollerball Postable Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonR

I have a large Cross Pen that I've used for years. I did my best to measure it.......it's 5 13/16" long and the diameter at the cap is 9/16" and the barrel is 7/16". It is a selectip/rollerball pen with black lucite where my fingers are placed during writing. As you can tell, I don't know what these pen parts are called. LOL It looks like this, but nicer:

http://www.cross.com/catalog/pendet...A794DF3AF01FE2677C1040B&id=705&page=1&index=2

What I like about this large pen is that the cap is postable. I really like the emperor and imperial pens but understand these pens are not postable. I am looking for the best quality pen kit that can give me the size I'm looking for that I can post......maybe even one that screws down when closed because my current Cross pen's cap does not shut snuggly. If I pull it too hard out of my shirt pocket, the cap comes off leaving the barrel in my pocket........not too cool.

I'm looking for the rhodium and 22k gold combination. I've looked at the Cambridge and don't like the style.

Any recommendations on a rollerball pen kit under $100 that meets my needs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzz

The Jr Statesman is probably the biggest postable pen available. You could make the body slightly longer on this or any other postable pen by using an extra piece of tube, or simply halving the tube and leaving a spot in the middle of the barrel that is just timber.

I recently did some Jr Statesman pens and added about 1/2" to the main barrel, I think it looks good without being too long for the average shirt pocket.

gerryr

Actually the Apollo Elite by PSI is the biggest postable kit, quite a bit larger than the Jr. Statesman. The PSI Olympian Elite and Berea Churchill and El Grande are just a tad smaller. The grip is basically the same all of them though, just different diameters for the barrels.

rsk

Is there a chart or other reference that shows or compares the relative sizes of various pen kits after assembly?

Top Bottom