Lapo on a St.Charles GunMetal twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Some wood from CostaRica! I'd highly recommend anyone wanting some of this to get in touch with 'Harold in CR'!

Anyway this is some Lapo cut at about 45*. A light touch and some thin CA during the turn is required....but well worth it.

LapoX2.jpg

I'll be sending these(plus two more that I still need to make) to him. Looks like I need to learn to wipe the completed pen down before photo is taken? That is surface dust....not the wood....my bad.

Thanks for looking!
Scott B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harold in CR

Hi
Scott sent me a link to those Pens he is making for me.

I'm NOT a pen turner, so, he is helping me get familiar with what Pen Turners use and need for sizes.

A long while back, I was going to sell some blanks on this site, but, mailing from down here is just way to high to suit me.

Recently, I made a trip to Florida, and carried about 400 Blanks with me. I sent Scott a large variety pack, and met with member here, Dudley Young. He showed me how to turn a Pen, and what he would be interested in.

I am working on a website of Costa Rica wood and other stuff, and recently, had to dispatch a couple of "Velvet" snakes. They came out of the grass we were cutting, looking for a fight. I have both of them salted and in the freezer, until I get the stuff to treat the skins correctly.

Anyway, My daughter, in Florida, will mail out any pieces that get sold in the states.

Sorry to those that were wanting blanks. I just could not see more than double the price, just to put them in the mail Hopefully, I will have the first part of the website up, sometime this week, so everyone can see all the varieties I have available.

Anyone wanting info can send me a PM, and, I will try to answer any questions.

Big thanks to Scott for helping me out. Harold in CR

vallealbert

Beautiful pens...nice wood. I looked for info about the wood, but found nothing...

Here's the username info: Harold

Send him a PM....

Scott B
Thanks Scott... I always search info about tropical wood species because I also live in the tropics and it is usual that same wood or tree has several names, depending on country or region. That wood specie is called Lapo in Costa Rica, but it maybe can found here in Puerto Rico, but with another name...the only way I can know for sure is looking for its scientific name. Anyway, good luck for Harold in this venture!!!

Top Bottom