Laguna 14/12

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Signguy

This bandsaw hits just about all the hot buttons for my needs, and I don't mind paying more than I did for my current grizzly to get a saw with a finer "state of tune" , less need for tweaking to get and keep up to spec, and some better specs.

And because it's a core tool for me, I'd like it to something pretty well made and reliable.

But, I am scared to do so because I hear a lot more bad than good about Laguna customer service.

Ironically, Grizzly which has cheaper and less refined tools actually has great customer service - go figure :)

Anyone have feedback on the current state of Laguna customer service?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wildman

There are reviews at amazon.com & here ranging from one to five stars. Also couple of post at Lumber Jocks by people that bought that band saw and discussed likes and dislike about band saw & Laguna not in tool reviews. Had a strong interest in 14-12 series BS, now not as much. If and when they go on sale might be worth a look!

Reviews: Bandsaws @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Which band saw in Griz line-up has same specs as Laguna's 14-12?

Wildman

Terry is your Laguna LT 16 made in Italy or China? Not sure any of their band saw line still made there.

Can remember when Laguna 16 & MiniMax 16 ran neck and neck for the band saw to have.

I started with a Laguna 14 and have since upgraded to a 24/24. Bandsaws are on of those tools that you have to try to buy as much economically possible and beyond the size of your lathe as you can. The main reason is if it can cut it, you will avoid the chainsaw for the ease and precision on the bandsaw.
Lagunas customer service is questionable, but it is a good saw. I had an Italian motor burnout and they upgraded me to a Baldor at a very reasonable cost (considering it was out of warranty).
Ordering parts is spotty, but you don't need many parts. It has ceramic guides and with the exception of the rear, I don't use guides much anyway, just good sharp blades.

GaryMGg

I have been using and abusing a Laguna LT16 for almost 20 years. It is a great saw. Never had to call customer service.

I think I've got the same saw--the two-tone green machine with a 2HP motor and 220 plug.
Handles a 1-1/4" wide resaw blade.
I upgraded the guides from the original bearings.
On those instances when I've contact Laguna with questions or a request for help, they've been very responsive.

Wildman

Many venders going after the 14" bandsaw market for both hobbyist and small shops. Lot of China made 14" band saws with12" resaw capacity running 110V without a riser kit available today. More serious hobbyist and small wood shops can get 220V 14" band saw which may or may not have added features.

Here is the least expensive model have found lately but not sure would want one.

Buy Steel City 14" Deluxe Band Saw, 2-Speed, Model 50114 at Woodcraft.com

Grizzly G513 series 17" band saw just as popular can only guess price, features, & specs the reason. Seldom here about Laguna (Europe made) or Mini Max these days except from people that have owned them for a long time.

Top Bottom