L-L-Let's get ready to R-Rumbl-l-le!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Someone asked me if Kurt and Kyle Busch was fishing in a boat and it sank who would be saved. Half the cars in the next race. I hope all goes well with the race.

edicehouse

I was messing on facebook watching the race, and around lap 22 or so they were showing the paper on Gordon's call, I told my wife they were going to go to commercial and come back under caution. Amazing how times they show debris, but when it's a Gordon caution.......

bruce119

I'm not sure what to think....
I thought the Nation Wide put on a much better show (despite the incident at the finish) at least they stayed side by side in a pack for most the race. The new cup car kind of got in line and just went around in circles...thank goodness for cations and double file restarts.

This mite be a product of Daytona and maybe (hope not) Talladega. They work hard to get airo dynamics now they have airplane with out wings. Seems they were at the mercy of the air. They all got in line and were afraid to move because the air would upset them :( BUT like all racers in the end they find a way to make it happen. Thank goodness that caution came out with 10 to go other wise it would have got real ugly.

On another note Danica did good stayed up front close to top 5 all race. Then in the final turn couldn't hang on. Almost got run over but managed to stay in the top 10 and even better finish.

tbroye

Kyle tried yesterday and took out 3 top contenders, later to blow his engine. The race was kinda boring single file until the end. Danica did well, stayed out of trouble and messed up at the end by choosing the wrong line and not having a teammate to help help. The will figure out the Gen6 cars by Talladega in May and for sure by the July 4th race at Daytona.

I figure NASCAR will figure out how to stop the pushing and bump drafting on the Nationwide cars by then also. Probably reconfigure the front and rear bumper so they don't match. The also could do what Holmon and Moody did years ago on Leroy Yarbaroghs car, ran the exhaust straight out the back, nobody could get close in drafting as the would over heat immediately after that is when NASCAR changed the rule on exhaust pipes.

Racing i

Attachments

• Wally 1.jpg
    Wally 1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 92
  • wally2.jpg
    wally2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

InvisibleMan

So what happened here? I haven't watched a NASCAR race in many years, but I used to watch all the time. I tuned in to watch a race yesterday and missed it completely. There were cars and I think they were going fast, but they just sort of followed each other around in circles. I don't remember being that bored years ago. Am I just remembering wrong that they used to try to pass and race and stuff? This time one of the two lines was a little faster than the other line, so you're either in front of the fast line or you lose. That about right?

Either way, that's my last I'm afraid.

booney0717

I think the smaller tracks are going to be fun to watch this year. But everyone is right, if they dont figure out something before taladaga it's going to be just as boring as daytona was. I will start to watch but if i see single file after the first few laps i might just have to go down to the shop and make some pens. The race did end good and i think the bottom groove woulda come in if the drivers would have givin it a chance but they were just too scared of looseing too much ground in the process.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sure...it can be boring to some. But NOT to ME! I live for a race. I really love it when they crank it up. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll spend it following the circuit.

Maybe, if the will ever take those restrictor plates off, they'd spread the field out some.

bruce119

I HATE to say it....BUT....I think they need to slow them down.

I am all about the speed but with airo and speed what can they do. They get out of line and lift off, there all over the place.

Slow them down a bit, give the bumpers back and let them beat the crap out of each other.

OR

Throw a mandatory caution 3 or 4 times a race put them back into double file. Break the race up into segments????
They got to do something the races are getting like driving a freight train. Miles & miles of boredom with short periods of shear terror.

I find myself actually watching the first 10 laps, then walk away and just listen, then watch the last 10 laps. THEY HAVE GOT TO FIX THAT.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
There will always be freight trains, as long as they all go the same speed. Can't pass unless you have a partner willing to take the risk of going backwards when two cars get out of line. Walk away from the tv if you want to. I like to see the guy with the skill to catch the car when it gets sideways, and straighten it out....or not:rolleyes: You never know what will happen, or when. I intend to be there when it does.

panamag8or

Everyone is racing the same cars, only with different cosmetic decals. That doesn't motivate the auto manufacturers to build better cars. Seriously, take the decals off a car, and you'd never know what it was. Might as well be IROC.

Yet, I still watch....

randywa

I think they need to ditch the restrictor plate, lose the rear spring and shock rule, let the crew chief set the spoiler angle, and let them run any gear ratio they want. Then make a rule that you must finish with clean underwear.

bruce119

I will be there also...I am a faithful fan. Just glad to get back to racing.
I make a point to catch the National Anthem...Cup usually has a singer that dose it the way it's supposed to be done. This time the Trucks had a good singer. Love the fly-by's also. No fly-by yesterday I guess to low of a celling with weather in the area.

Can't wait for Phoenix

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm an avid horsepower fan! I thought the race was pretty boring Just follow the leader. I wish Nascar would adopt a different philosophy towards racing. Lets have heat races, Last chance races, and an A-Main Feature. I really think it would change everyone's outlook on Nascar.

sbwertz

Ha the old timer gets third. Always been a Martin fan.

Me too. I have seen him a dozen times or so here at Phoenix International Raceway, and got autographs a couple of times. He is one of the good guys. I was so disappointed a few years ago when Harvick beat him at Daytona by a cat's whisker!

I thought he was going to get his championship in 2009 until he wrecked at Talledega in the chase.

Sharon

Top Bottom