Kusoyaro, the clicky pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hard hat

hard hat

There was an epic battle in the shop last night, and I refused to lose. Even with him playing dirty, I refused to come down to that level, I was determined to win. With the whirring of a lathe, chips and ribbons flying, and some music faint in the background I came out victorious (I think).
I broke threads as I was cutting them four times, somehow things got off center at one point. So it has about an inch of 10mm brass tube at the front which the chrome cigar kit nose cone is attached using the nib coupler. The blank is from Jonathan Brooks. It is a chrome Sierra clip that is hidden, and a Schmidt click mechanism that pushes an easy flow 9000 inkstick.
These are just iPhone pics, if you really want more I can get out the big camera. Please, all C&C welcome.

Attachments

• image-3853337587.jpg
    image-3853337587.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 358
  • image-4039257792.jpg
    image-4039257792.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 250
  • image-2943913300.jpg
    image-2943913300.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 261
  • image-1652637769.jpg
    image-1652637769.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hard hat

here are some better pictures. I was playing with a new light setup, no sure I like it too much. and the finish isn't perfect, it was after midnight and I just wanted this done. at this point these are primarily learning experiences that will probably get disassembled and the parts used in another project.

this was the first hidden clip I've attempted, it was certainly a challenge. threads used are M8x0.75 for the part above the clip, and M7x0.75 for the click mech.

OZturner

Brett, your Description of you Encounter, brought the Adrenalin Rushing.

Even considering such an Epic Struggle, and prolonged Battle, against such a Formidable Foe.
The Photographs you posted, in particular of your Left Hand.
You seem to have emerged, not only Victorious, but Completely Unscathed.

Having Beaten your Nemisis into submission,
You have received the Glorious Spoils of War.
A Beautiful Pen, With an Superb Blank, and Spectacular Craftsmanship.

While you may not be completely happy with the Finish, due to your closeness in the encounter.
To us on the Side line, It looks Marvelous.
A Magnificent Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Great looking pen hard hat, I think you did a outstanding job and I don't see a problem with the finish. One day I hope to be able to make a pen such as that.

BSea

Those clicker pens are far and away better than any click kit out there. You did a great job, and they only get easier. Was the blank PR? If so, try an alumilite blank next time. It makes cutting theads so much easier. You can break threads on alumilite too though. DAMHIKT:redface:

hard hat

This is alumilite. The problem was because the walls were too thin for the force being applied while cutting threads. I haven't had good results threading PR.

Thanks for the kind words

Top Bottom