Kudos to Rockler!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

itsme_timd

Just wanted to share a good experience with Rockler.

They’re getting some new pen kits in and I ordered a Jr. Gent in black titanium. When I received the kit I got a gold finish kit. The part number matched what the site had listed as the BT kit but the description said it was a gold kit. New item, slight mix-up, it happens.

Rockler sent me a new kit and no charge and told me to keep the gold kit for my troubles! Always nice to get quick and courteous service these days.

Thanks Rockler! :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

itsme_timd

Jared, new kits for them - I think that's where the glitch came in. My local store said they are getting ready to introduce over 20 new items for pen turners. Not sure how many of these 'items' are new kits.

itsme_timd

Well, I guess you're safe because I don't think the Rockler Police will drop in at midnight and force you to buy their pen kits... or will they??? :D

The point of my post was to comment that they showed me good customer service. ;)

IPD_Mrs

Yes it is true Rockler is now selling a few of the CSUSA kits.
They have the Jr Gent, Zen, Panache, Patriot and a few others like a sketch pencil. The panache and the jr gent are priced well. Better yet is we get coupons all the time from rockler such as 20% off. You can also get a better deal if you have a Rockler Pro account. I agree on the Zen price being way out of line, but I don't care as I have no plans of ever buying one. Hate the transition from the body to the nib.

Anyway Rockler is starting to cater to more pen turners so they deserve credit there.

Mike

Texatdurango

Originally posted by itsme_timd

Well, I guess you're safe because I don't think the Rockler Police will drop in at midnight and force you to buy their pen kits... or will they??? :D

The point of my post was to comment that they showed me good customer service. ;)
Tim, Good to hear you got some excellent service. My local Rockler store is also good about taking care of issues and I have never had a problem with them or from ordering online.

BUT, since this forum is all about sharing thoughts and ideas, I thought it was fair to point out the prices they are charging for their NEW pens. This way, a new member won't just read this thread then run down to the local Rockler store and stock up, then find out about the prices!

Selling the black titanium Jr Gent at $1 lower than Craft Supply is smart pricing but selling the 10K Jr Gent for $14.99 when Craft Supply sells it for $7.99 doesn't make much sense to me. I wonder if they have quantity discounts like other vendors, I didn't see anything on their web site.

I was also a little surprised to see them charging $54.49 for their Majestic fountain pen when Penn State has the exact same kit for $35.95.... or $19 cheaper! I don't know about you but that's real money to me.

I wish them well in their effort to re-enter the pen making business but doubt they will make a big splash with their prices.

Marc Phillips

I passed this along to the Rockler folks I work for...

Honestly, I have never run across a group of people more dedicated to customer service.

Thanks for posting this... it will be greatly appreciated I can promise you.
thumbsup%20smiley.gif

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Marc Phillips

While you are at it, whisper in their ears that the vast majority of pen makers, at least all the ones I know, buy in quantity and rarely if ever buy just one or two kits and they are internet savvy so come up with some discount levels similar to or better than Craft Supply and we'll be their best customers!

I'd much rather run across town and load up on supplies than wait two whole days on an order! :D

itsme_timd

I understand the pricing concerns, for sure. I'm strictly a hobbyist and tend to buy 1-2 kits at a time and I sure shop around before purchasing. I thought some of the kits were expensive as well, especially compared to the other choices.

Marc - Thanks for sharing the info with Rockler team. I've also had great experiences and my local store in Sandy Springs. Good people all around.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Originally posted by Texatdurango

Originally posted by Marc Phillips

While you are at it, whisper in their ears that the vast majority of pen makers, at least all the ones I know, buy in quantity and rarely if ever buy just one or two kits

We hobbyists tend to buy smaller quantities, but we also shop around first...That 10k jr. gent discrepancy was the first thing I noticed, as I was checking to see if they had the Jr. Gent in Chrome...that's the one plating I'd LOVE to see in the high end kits, so I can afford them!

Andrew

sbell111

Originally posted by 1JaredSchmidt

My local Rockler is in Minneapolis,MN about a 2 hours drive,so I can go there about once a month. I'll have to get a Rockler Pro account. Does it cost much?[:p]
It doesn't cost anything.

Go to the bottom of their page and click 'request professional catalog'.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I think you have to be registered with the Fed. gov't as a business to qualify for a Rockler Pro account. I live in Canada, and they said I didn't qualify, as I didn't have a Fed. number (of some sort...dont' remember the name of the number I needed...)

Andrew

itsme_timd

In the US you need an EIN (Employer Identification Number) or if you are a sole proprietorship you can give your SSN. I'm self-employed and signed up with my comoany's EIN - there's no charge if you have a business.

Top Bottom