Kudos to Penn State Industries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Smith

I just want to recognize Penn State Industries for the OUTSTANDING customer service they provided me this week. A little over a year ago, I purchased a variable speed replacement lathe motor kit from PSI. I put it on my Delta Midi and it was a great improvement over the original motor. Then about a month ago it started acting funny; slowing down/speeding up on its own. I emailed PSI and I received a personal phone call from Joe at PSI in less than 24 hours. He gave me all the directions on getting the motor and control box back to him with a note to let him know when it arrived in his building so he could get right on it. We'll the motor and control box arrived yesterday, four days after it arrived in his shop all at no charge. Twenty minutes later and I was back in business. Thank you Joe and thank you PSI for standing behind your products and providing such outstanding customer service.

Jim Smith
Conyers, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

I've always had pretty good luck with them also. Sometimes shipping is a little slow, but overall I've always been happy with their products and service. Come to think of it, I cant recall having a bad experience with any pen related company. If I ever had a problem, the vendor made it right.

Rick P

Man that has not been my experiance with them! Called friday about a drill chuck I need for a special order and to advance my pen designs. No conformation E-Mail, took the operator 10 minutes to find my account and she got bitchy with me because SHE wrote down my zip code wrong! Truns out they sat on my order for 4 days! I leave for an out of state 3 week trip in 7 days and I have to have the order filled before I go.........sure hope it shows up on monday! Yes I did note my time restraints in the order.

I really don't get the PSI slamming here, I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Closest thing to bad service was the lack of credit on a return, that they acted upon immediately with a phone call.

76winger

I really don't get the PSI slamming here, I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Closest thing to bad service was the lack of credit on a return, that they acted upon immediately with a phone call.

I think it's the long standing fact that bad news spreads 10 times faster and farther than good news. Just look at what kind of news is on the daily/evening/nightly news channels...

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Or MAYBE it's the fact that for every one person who has a good experience, there is most likely one person who has NOT had a good experience with their customer service.

Customer service, IMHO, is not something that can be made 50/50..

I think it's the long standing fact that bad news spreads 10 times faster and farther than good news. Just look at what kind of news is on the daily/evening/nightly news channels...

nava1uni

You can pay more for quicker shipping. I always have good service and no one has ever been rude or inappropriate to me. I sometimes have trouble with all of the negative comments whenever anyone says something good. Rather tiring.

Phunky_2003

You can pay more for quicker shipping. I always have good service and no one has ever been rude or inappropriate to me. I sometimes have trouble with all of the negative comments whenever anyone says something good. Rather tiring.

I couldnt agree more. It gets old quick. And as far as the shipping goes, poor planning is more of an issue for being put in a bind meeting a deadline than depending on the postal service.

If its an order, add time for shipping to deadline or include the cost of faster shipping to the order.

Ive never had a problem with there shipping, customer service or products. But then again I dont get in a rush.

Shipping (D) slow slow slow
products (A)
customer service (A) Only called one time due to them getting something in the day after I made an order. She sent it out for FREE and it got to the house before my original order.

designer

2 Orders from PSI. Both very slow in shipping. Neither one was right. They are not exactly batting a thousand with me.
They shipped the wrong stand the first time.

The second time only 1/4 of the parts were shipped. Not even instructions. But for a $70 item with $16 shipping they blamed it on UPS, but did not even offer to replace the missing parts.

Justturnin

I have had great success w/ PSI in the past. They do have slow shipping but I am not trypically in a rush for my order. If I am I pay for the expidited shipping. Only thing I wish is that they offeref Gold TI on more products, but thats me not them.

Sluggish

I'm gonna agree that PSI has some of the nicest kits that I use and catches the eye of customers very well, but that their customer service and shipping is less than adequate.

I have a huge problem with expedited shipping fees that pay for people to jump in line. Gonna stop grumbling out loud now. Every other jeer on the subject has covered all my other complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom