Kits/Suppliers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rogerpjr

I've been buying kits primarily from PSI and occasionally from the local Woodcraft store. It seems many of you prefer to use kits from Berea over PSI. Being an old fart, I prefer to look at a hard copy catalog over viewing it online. I've tried to get a catalog from Berea both by email and phone, but have not gotten anything from them. Is there a trick to getting a printed catalog?

Also, does anyone have an actual list that shows which kits are the same, but with different names, from different suppliers? I've looked at some of the lists in the library, but they don't seem to tell me exactly this information.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To further confuse you, some of Berea's kits are being copied and made in China. Just had a customer point one out to me yesterday.

Find a supplier you trust and talk with them.

AKPenTurner

We've ordered from Berea once or twice, so they send us their little promotions in the mail. I'm pretty sure we got one catalog from them once (can't remember for sure, I've looked all over for it), but they are definitely few and far between.

If I want Berea kits, I look in the Lee Valley catalog. I usually order from LV anyway, but you could look in their catalog, find the kit name, and look it up on Berea's site. It's hardly worth the extra trouble though...

jttheclockman

I've been buying kits primarily from PSI and occasionally from the local Woodcraft store. It seems many of you prefer to use kits from Berea over PSI. Being an old fart, I prefer to look at a hard copy catalog over viewing it online. I've tried to get a catalog from Berea both by email and phone, but have not gotten anything from them. Is there a trick to getting a printed catalog?

Also, does anyone have an actual list that shows which kits are the same, but with different names, from different suppliers? I've looked at some of the lists in the library, but they don't seem to tell me exactly this information.

Most of the big name suppliers carry Berea kits. So it is a matter of finding someone you trust plus better pricing.

Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods is a very good source. I buy most my kits from him. http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/

I also buy from Bill at Arizona Silhouette another good source
http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/

There are others but they all just about carry the same kits.

Wildman

Berea only puts out a catalog once a year, lastest catalog does not have all the new kits and prices. They do mail out promotional flyer's with information from time to time if on their mailing list.

One year they did not put out a catalog, was told they were going internet sales only, next year got a catalog in the mail.

Guess HUT is the only reseller of their kits with a catalog that I know of, everyone else do internet sales only.

I suggest you buy something from them and when new catalogs is ready you'll get a copy.

Also do not overlook Berea and reseller sites already mentioned here for specials. Don't forget to put exoticblanks on your list they recently started selling Berea kits.

juteck

I've had a Berea catalog in the past, but can't remember the last time I received a new one. Call them toll free and ask -- 1-877-736-5487

The Berea Hardwoods Co. Inc
18745 Sheldon Road
Middleburg Hts., Ohio 44130
Phone: (216) 898-8956
Toll Free: 1-877-736-5487
Fax: (216) 898-8962
www.penkits.com

Top Bottom