Kitless Tru-Stone Convertable Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

Hi
Well I finally did it ... This pen is ALL MINE !!!! ... except the Fisher space refill and the tru-stone .
This is a Kitless pen made from White Turquoise Tru-Stone I got from Richard at randbcrafts and a clip that I designed and cast in Pewter and polished till it shines like a mirror .
Hope you like them :D
Comments as always are welcome .
trustonekitless1.jpg

trustonekitless2.jpg

Ok so heres the rest of the story .
This pen is meant to be convertable from ballpoint/rollerball to fountain pen just by changing the grip assy .
As for "why a ballpoint?" the only real difference between a rollerball and a ballpoint is the ink and while a rollerball may write smoothly , I think (IMHO) the fisher space pen refills write better and smoother then any rollerball made and they last forever (well almost , I have a Fisher space pen thats over ten years old and it is still going on the original refill !) , so when I was designing the grip assy I made it to fit the fisher refill .
As for Fountain pens...my customers all love to play with them and look at them but not BUY them , there are a million reasons why but the most common one is they can't use them for writing checks with the carbonless copys , and the second reason is that the ink bleeds through cheap paper and so most of these people want a rollerball/ballpoint (and I doubt if they even know or care that theres a difference) that writes smoothly and without skipping .
So for all you Fountain Pen Snobs and snobetts here is the same pen with the fountain pen grip

trustonekitless3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Butch its time to change your tag line from Professional Penturner Wannabe to Professional Penturner, congradulations on a great job.

gerryr

Great work above all else. The clip looks really nice. I wouldn't have gone to that much effort for a ballpoint, a rollerball maybe and definitely a fountain pen. How does it feel when you use it? The shape looks like it could be slightly uncomfortable. And how do you change the refill?

VisExp

My hats off to you for your accomplishment. I'm sure you have many hours invested in getting to this point. Well done. The pen looks beautiful!

Top Bottom