Kitless Toni

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Fought this one for about a week, but I think I finally won. Bought the blanks sight unseen from Toni when she thought she made a mistake and used the wrong bushings for whatever she was trying to do. She later found out the blanks would fit a kit, but I said I would try them kitless anyway. Glad I did. Complimented her art with ivory celluloid and one of my stock clips as a place holder. Still thinking about a better clip design but that can always be changed. These are great to look at in pictures, but much more impressive in person. Thanks Toni!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ToniKitless1sm.jpg
    ToniKitless1sm.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 617
  • Tonikitless2sm.JPG
    Tonikitless2sm.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 614
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
If I had known you were going to make such a fantastic pen, then I wouldn't have posted my feable effort:redface:

That entire pen just 'works' perfectly!!! Don't change the clip either, I think it's a great match. Beatifully done, both of you!!!:biggrin:

BTW......Your thread name, 'Kitless Toni' conjures up some WICKED thoughts!!!!:devil::biggrin:

Last edited:

bgibb42

Stunning!!! I like the clip design as well, but I think it would look better in sterling silver. JMO.

bitshird

Beautiful pen, it almost looks like it should have come from one of the very old Chinese Dynasty's. The combination of the floral motif with the Ivory Celluloid is wonderful, the clip ain't bad either, I like the old color clip Flure D'lis and all

aggromere

that is a fantasitc pen. It's pens like yours that inspire me to keep trying to get better. How did you make the clip?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
that is a fantasitc pen. It's pens like yours that inspire me to keep trying to get better. How did you make the clip?
Thanks to all for the comments.
Most of my clips are made from silver using the lost wax casting process. Lately, I've been designing on the computer, carving the wax with my CNC, and having them cast in silver. This one was gold plated.

Toni

Bruce~you said you were slow, apparently we live on to different worlds that was quick!!

You certainly have surprised me and made the most gorgeous pen with the tubes.. It gives it such a unique look. this will be the first time I have seen my work on something that is not metal and I LOVE IT!!

Might need to send you some more:wink:

Top Bottom