Kitless Slim Challenge...must see!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

This is too funny! I'm taking on the 7mm kitless challenge. My daughter and I dug through all the big coffee cans pulling out all the skiprat type materials to make a pen, and I found a really cool nib in all that crap. So I layed it all out on the table to try and tackle for the weekend. Well, yesterday I'm at work and the customer isn't there yet, so I go to the gas station for some truck driver snacks..yep, donuts, chips, beef jerky. Well, I pay and as I'm standing there, there is a basket full of lighters, this gun being one of them. Instant idea pops into my head, so I buy the gun, it's only $2. I tinkered with it, dissassembled all the parts, exhausted all the gas in it..actually, I used the lighter to melt out the lead in the bullet! I built the wood silencer out of maple and stained it with some ebony stain. I drilled the hole in the end slightly larger to accommodate the bullet. I carefully drilled into the end of the gun and installed a chopped off 7mm tube..so the silencer tube is extra long to make up the difference. The light on the gun still works too! The flat end on the silencer is on purpose...so it looks like a silencer with a bullet coming out the end, that's the idea, rather than angling the end down to meet the bullet. It's pretty spiffy! Whole new take on the ole bullet pen, that's for sure.

Attachments

• gunpen 003.jpg
    gunpen 003.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 411
  • gunpen 005.jpg
    gunpen 005.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drayman

jeff, my grandson thinks that is the coolest pen ever, hes nine years old. well done.:good:

Daniel

Great Pistol err Pen. We once had a contest where someone actually make a pen look like a rocket. this one is in that same catagory for me. very nice creative work.

gmcnut

You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out!

No, seriously it's a cool idea. I have a co-worker who'd love that. Find a way to convert the led flashlight into a lazer pointer and zowiee! You'll have a pen fit for James Bond 007

Last edited:

redfishsc

Does it come with a really neat steel-cutting lazer? Or maybe a radar scrambler built in? Oh-- I know! It has one of those bright-flash memory erasing lights! No? Well, I bet it has some poison darts in it! Or maybe a secret homing device built into it!...?

Well, even if not any of that, it's cool as heck! I have a LOT of gun-collecting friends that would probably drop a C-note on that baby! Very creative!

Top Bottom