Kitless Skinny Rollerball Demonstrator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Bob: Thanks for the compliment. The writing tip is all internal "step down" drilling. Only separate piece is spring drilled finial. I think the problem with F/P will be sizing. Rollerball cartridge .241, Ink Cartridge .290, Converter .310. Rollerball point .099, Feedholder Heritance #5 .263, Bock #5 .285.

Joe, That is a beauty..very clean and sharp looking !! Do you have a fountain pen version in the works ??
Regards, Doc:)
Your question got me thinking, and it looks like there is no separate section piece in this pen. So basically the entire barrel is 2 pieces, not 3. Is that correct? Is it possible to get a section for a fountain pen that will screw under 10mm threads? Or would you have to make it 1 piece with a barrel finial?

EDIT: Oh Yeah, I really like this pen. I always seem to forget to say that when I'm looking at the details of a pen.:redface:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Why go through all that trouble drilling, polishing, etc the inside, just buy a peice of acrylic tube. It comes in 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID also.
And they have other sizes that might work for caps.

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

BSea

Why go through all that trouble drilling, polishing, etc the inside, just buy a peice of acrylic tube. It comes in 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID also.

What fun is that????
The other problem is that the nib has to be step drilled, so you would either have to make a section, or glue the nib to the tube.

And I agree, that part of the fun is doing something unique. To me I rather spend a week making 1 pen than making 10 pens in a week.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
How'd you know how long it took? :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What fun is that????
The other problem is that the nib has to be step drilled, so you would either have to make a section, or glue the nib to the tube.

And I agree, that part of the fun is doing something unique. To me I rather spend a week making 1 pen than making 10 pens in a week.

PenMan1

Joe:
I love the pen and I understand you putting in a "PR refill". BUT, If TAM (Tight A$$ Mike) is gonna make you pay for a spring and refill, a Pilot G2 is "invisable" as lt has NO writing on the refill barrel, costs 39 CENTS at Staples and is SEE THROUGH!

If he gets free advertising, you should get "somfin". Tonque firmly in cheek!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Andy: I considered that but I didn't have 39 cents and Mike extended me credit. I've got 30 days to pay him!!! :cool::biggrin:

uote=PenMan1;1434984]Joe:
I love the pen and I understand you putting in a "PR refill". BUT, If TAM (Tight A$$ Mike) is gonna make you pay for a spring and refill, a Pilot G2 is "invisable" as lt has NO writing on the refill barrel, costs 39 CENTS at Staples and is SEE THROUGH!

If he gets free advertising, you should get "somfin". Tonque firmly in cheek![/quote]

PaulDoug

Now that is craftsmanship at it's finest. Very neat pen. I kinda like the printing on the "fill" showing but for those who don't I bet a little rubbing with Acetone would remove it.

Neat pen and a fun thread to read, and I'm not around enough to even know all the players. Thanks.

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks Paul!!! We did have fun with that thread. Mike (poor guy catching all the heat) is my son in law, married to my first born Linda. They are responsible for getting me started turning. Glad you enjoyed!

Now that is craftsmanship at it's finest. Very neat pen. I kinda like the printing on the "fill" showing but for those who don't I bet a little rubbing with Acetone would remove it.

Neat pen and a fun thread to read, and I'm not around enough to even know all the players. Thanks.

Top Bottom