Kitchen Work Table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

This is a table I made for for my son from some old full size oak studs removed from a house that was being remodeled by a guy he works with. I split some of the studs in half and glued them up for the top. Them ripped some 2 X 2's for the legs. I put a 1 X 2 skirt around the boards used for the top and used some 1 X 2's for a skirt
around the bottom for a shelf. I turned the bottom of the 2 X 2's on the lathe to give them an added feature other than just square legs. The boards I used for the shelf at the bottom I cleaned up just enough to get the dirt and grime off of them and will leave them ruff. For the top I used a mineral and beeswax paste I made and rubbed it into the wood. For the legs and bottom skirt I am going to use a satin polny. The boards for the shelf I plan to leave them unfinished. The table come out looking so good, I was tempted not to let my son have it.

The really sad part about the old studs used to make this table, most of them ended up on the burn pile by the guy before my son found out about them and asked the guy to let him have them. Some people just don't have any respect for old reclaimable lumber.

The size of the table is 28 1/2" wide, 48" long and 37" tall

Bobby McCarley
Louisiana

Attachments

• table1.jpg
    table1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 263
  • table2.jpg
    table2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,375
  • table3.JPG
    table3.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 482
  • table4.JPG
    table4.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 233
  • table5.JPG
    table5.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 252
  • table6.jpg
    table6.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Nice save, Bobby! And I agree, I don't like to see good lumber go to waste either. I was fortunate a few years back and saw a guy tearing out wormy pine that had been used as paneling. It was in 4 different widths, all 3.4" thick. He was going to burn it so I loaded in the back of my truck.

Top Bottom