Kit that comes in fountain/roller/ballpoint?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

Does anyone know of a pen kit that comes in all three types of pens- meaning a fountain pen, a rollerball and a ballpoint? I want to make some things for a friend and he'd love to have three identical pens, with each different type of point. I can't remember ever seeing something like that, but then I hadn't been looking before!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

The Jr. Gent does. But, the ballpoint looks a little different then the others. It comes in a Rollerball, Fountain, Ballpoint, and Pencil.

kmab

Here is another quick look at the Jr IIs:

10K JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN W/ SMOOTH END CAP 050-4109
10K JR GENTLEMENS II FOUNTAIN W/ THREADED END CAP 050-4108
10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL W/ SMOOTH END CAP 050-4107
10K JR GENTLEMENS II ROLLERBALL W/ THREADED END CAP 050-4106
10K JR GENTLEMENS PENCIL 050-5040

alamocdc

Ang, the best looking one I've seen is the Jr. Gent. You know what the FP & RB look like. BTW, it also come in a pencil (Schmidt mechanism). Here is a Jr. Gent BP & Pencil set.
200732915733_jrgentUGbp_set_kentcoffee.jpg
<br />

Or you could've just looked at Jim in Oakville's latest post. Same set in curly Maple.[;)]

Tea Clipper

The El Grande is another one that is FP/RB/BP.

Edit:
There is also:
flat top american/series 2000
round top double twist/round top screw cap fp/rb

I know psi has their triples as well, the big ben comes to mind...

Randy_

Originally posted by angboy
<br />.....and he'd love to have three identical pens, with each different type of point......

DSA: It sort of depends upon what you mean by "IDENTICAL?" Fountain pens and rollerball kits will be screw cap pens while the ballpoint pen will not. If you want three screw cap pens, I think it would be fairly easy to modify a rollerball kit to accept a Parker refill. The Parker refill is shorter than the rollerball refills; but the tips seem to be about the same size(± a thousandth or two) as the Schmidt rollerball refills. You could make up a little wooden spacer and glue it into the body of a rollerball kit so that it would accept a Parker refill. The prob;em with that is the kits would look identical even with the caps off and you would be hard pressed to know which was which without actually writing with them. With the caps on you could not tell any of the three apart unless you used different woods. Actually having three "IDENTICAL" writing instruments might not be an ideal setup??

alxe24

The Havana line from CSUSA has all 3 of them. The fountain and rollerball use the same bushings and drill bits. The ball point use a different size bushing and drill bits. They came in 10K gold, and Rhodium. I think they all look great, but then you don't see many out there.
Alex

angboy

Thanks everybody. I appreciate all the help. I've decided I like the look of the havana, so I think I'm going to go with it. Randy, I don't think he's wanting totally identical, but more not clashing pen kits, so I think this will work!

bgray

Well, if you are looking to make any pen that takes a standard Schmidt rollerball into a ballpoint, Yafa sells ballpoint refills that fit those pens. Hard to find, but I was able to find them.

http://www.yafaoutlet.com/20rocobl103e.html

This way, you can offer any rollerball as a ballpoint....just put this ballpoint refill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom