Kit-less FP with ink window

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from evan bahr

evan bahr

First kit-less FP with an ink window. It is made from Alumilite and was supposed to be black and yellow. When it came out of the pressure chamber it looked more green than yellow. Not sure what happened. The ink window was a little more trouble than I had anticipated! C&C welcome. Thanks for looking. Evan

Attachments

• IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Nicely done Evan. The greenish tinting is most likely from the yellow being a little to transparent so the black showing through it turned it green.

Charlie69

Wow! I was thinking the window was clear acrylic. Another great FP from you, I like how you make the section;especially the front part.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very impressive!! I think that is the first time I have seen an ink window visible with the cap on. I love the novelty of that touch.
Did you cast the clear section around a rod or did you drill and polish a hole?
Very nice!!:wink:

evan bahr

Very impressive!! I think that is the first time I have seen an ink window visible with the cap on. I love the novelty of that touch.
Did you cast the clear section around a rod or did you drill and polish a hole?
Very nice!!:wink:

Steven, I cast the clear Alumilite and drilled and polished the inside of the ink window. The only way I could get the window really clear was to coat the inside of the hole with thin CA glue after polishing. Evan

Top Bottom