Kit availability question...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I enjoy turning Sedonas and Barons....

Is there anyone offering these kits with BOTH the fountain pen nib and the rollerball hardware?

Would like to offer this combination without having to toss all the hardware(buying both kits)......

Scott (wondering) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Sedona and the Baron were originally made exclusively for Arizona Silhouette.

Then, WoodCraft started handling them as the Sedona (I think) and the Navigator.

I believe they are also available in Canada from William Woodwright.

So, depending on the plating options you want---check those places, you should find all the choices.

Merry Christmas!!

SDB777

I've cruised all the sites you mentioned Ed, but no one lists anything like that.... I was hoping someone might know where the 'sercet door' is located?

Guess I just need to make the jump and go completely kitless and make my parts to offer both types of writting instrument in the same body? Yeah, that'll be cheap on the wallet too....

Scott (anyone?) B

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Maybe I understand better, now---you mean you would like a "convertible" baron or sedona.

Sorry, the only "convertible" I know of is the one I am having made by Berea---the Triton convertible, which is only available from Exotics.

randyrls

Maybe I understand better, now---you mean you would like a "convertible" baron or sedona.

Sorry, the only "convertible" I know of is the one I am having made by Berea---the Triton convertible, which is only available from Exotics.

Ed; I'm confused too. (Not unusual though!) The hardware is identical for the rollerball and fountain pen. The only difference is the FP doesn't come with a spring and ink cartridge and nib are different.

Just get a rollerball kit, then order an FP front section from Anthony Turchetta.
http://www.thegoldennib.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=f74a66fff7beab25301f903a97ffc33f

On several occasions when a customer liked a pen but wanted the other type of nib, I simply switched the nib section for another.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ed; I'm confused too. (Not unusual though!) The hardware is identical for the rollerball and fountain pen. The only difference is the FP doesn't come with a spring and ink cartridge and nib are different.

Just get a rollerball kit, then order an FP front section from Anthony Turchetta.
http://www.thegoldennib.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=f74a66fff7beab25301f903a97ffc33f

On several occasions when a customer liked a pen but wanted the other type of nib, I simply switched the nib section for another.

Randy,

Now you have me confused. I can't find sections for anything but a windsor. Anthony has a lot of great stuff, but I don't believe that he has the FP front sections for baron/sedona pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
One further comment on the front section for the Baron vs Jr. Gent.

I tried interchanging them at shows, to make fountain pens when the customer asked for a rollerball to be "converted" to a fountain.

BE CAREFUL!!!!! The threads are NOT identical, but they ARE "close enough".
BUT, I also encountered a problem with people removing the cap and the nib (front section) remaining IN the cap, unscrewing from the body of the pen. I never took the time to analyze it completely---I just stopped doing it!!

FWIW!!

Ed

Top Bottom