Kickstarter project for Freedom Troop Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Hi Richard,

Good on you for what you're doing!
I run a program similar to Freedom Pens called ServicePens.

You should be aware that Freedom Pens is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity organization which has been providing pens to our troops since January 2004.

Regards

hcpens

Gary, thanks, I have seen several groups and Freedom Pen. Got started with Joe (Sarge) Kelly. But have lost touch and will send my pens to the Freedom Pens group as I get a group of pens completed.

GaryMGg

Our purposes are similar and work to do the same thing: Honor our service men and women.

Freedom Pens is a much larger organization with a formal 501(c)(3) and a much larger number of distributed pens. Freedom Pens ships pens directly overseas to deployed troops.
ServicePens presents the collected pens to a DoD component when they present the Colors at an annual security conference and they share the pens with our servicemen and women. ServicePens is not a 501(c)(3)--contributors may not write off their contributions as a charitable donation.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Our purposes are similar and work to do the same thing: Honor our service men and women.

Freedom Pens is a much larger organization with a formal 501(c)(3) and a much larger number of distributed pens. Freedom Pens ships pens directly overseas to deployed troops.
ServicePens presents the collected pens to a DoD component when they present the Colors at an annual security conference and they share the pens with our servicemen and women. ServicePens is not a 501(c)(3)--contributors may not write off their contributions as a charitable donation.

Gary:

Thank you! Great explanation!

Both sound like something that merits support!

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Gary, I have 160 done for this years project, now I continue to our goal. I still have 110 kits to do. should be complete by end of October...

GaryMGg

Hi Richard
My apologies for the long delay; I lost track of this.
You can send as many as you wish--there's no limit.
I can't have too many pens to donate to our troops.
Thank you
Gary

Top Bottom