Keeping up with Dan Masshardt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micharms

micharms

I jokingly told Dan that I was trying to catch up to him after he posted his photos of the cheese slicers he'd made and wondered where all the rest were. Thanks Dan for answering my question on your finish. I have 6 slicers made but the photo shows my feeble attempt at a classy product shot. This one is laminated from cherry, bubinga and maple and is our favourite of the combinations I've made so far.

Thanks for looking.
Michael

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

Thanks Dan. I wasn't sure when I started but like the thicker boards.

Gimpy - Dan used mineral oil. I used a coat of mineral oil and then followed that the next day with a homebrew of mineral oil and beeswax just to be different.

Michael

Dan Masshardt

Thanks Dan. I wasn't sure when I started but like the thicker boards. Gimpy - Dan used mineral oil. I used a coat of mineral oil and then followed that the next day with a homebrew of mineral oil and beeswax just to be different. Michael

I failed to mention that I use a coat of wax on top after a couple coats of mineral oil are well soaked in.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Michael and Dan:

I've looked at both of your slicers/platters. Both are extremely nice! I prefer the thinner profile, but the thicker is not a concern to me - nice job for each!

As an aside... Well done! to each. And thank you for posting each; they are appreciated.

Mark

Dan Masshardt

Micheal,

Id say now there are a bunch of people to keep up with us. There were a bunch of folks in the group buy but I haven't seen many slicers posted. ;-).

Top Bottom