K-Bar Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GColeman

GColeman

Black chrome cigar. Top is leather turned to simulate a K-Bar USMC fighting knife. Bottom Honduran Rosewood.

DSC_0006-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Hmmmm. How'd you color the leather, or was it already dyed? I like the looks. Would like to have seen a profile picture.

GColeman

Hmmmm. How'd you color the leather, or was it already dyed? I like the looks. Would like to have seen a profile picture.

I turned the leather to finished size and colored it with a brown Sharpie. The grooves were colored with a Black Sharpie. I evened the color out with mineral spirits. All were coated with many coats of thin CA.
This is the one of the best photos I have. I am not much of a photographer.
DSC_0007-2.jpg

Drstrangefart

Definitely a nice job on the leather work. That's some interesting material to work with. I have some colored leather I'm waiting to try out later on to see what happens.

Jgrden

Definitely a nice job on the leather work. That's some interesting material to work with. I have some colored leather I'm waiting to try out later on to see what happens.
Me too, I have allot of leather scraps of various colors: tan, maroon, black, dark brown and more.

GColeman

I am no expert by any means. I do suggest that if you use CA to bond the leather that you have a can of Acetone close at hand. I glued my fingers together a couple of times making that blank.

GColeman

Pen Delivered

The pen was delivered today with great success! In fact it was so well received that I now have an order for 12 acrylic pens representing our local college colors.

The recipient's daughter manages the local college book store. She asked could I make pens in the college colors. "Sure" I said " "what price range?" She said "What ever you want to charge. I'll display and sell them for you." Yee Haw!

Drstrangefart

I am no expert by any means. I do suggest that if you use CA to bond the leather that you have a can of Acetone close at hand. I glued my fingers together a couple of times making that blank.

Yeah, I've made 7 pens out of leather so far, if I'm not mistaken. You do have to be careful. Last one we made we used a belt. Cut it in two at the center, glued the strips together, then again and again. It was pretty hands-free.

Top Bottom