Justifying Tool Purchases...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

Well here is the reason that I haven't posted any new pens or casts...We are having a baby and I decided to make baby furniture...When th LOML saw the finished product she was ecstatic...Needless to say, its much easier to swindle new tools out of her.

Let me know what you think...Sorry about the lighting...I am still waiting for a friend to wire my garage up and have limited electricity(extension cord from the house) for lights and tools to share.

GRub32

Attachments

• Crib1.jpg
    Crib1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Crib2.jpg
    Crib2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Congrats on the baby news!! Mine are all grown up and in college now, whew.....

LOML wanting furniture is how I get all my tools.....It is such a scam. Keep it going and don't let them know the scam.....

grub32

Thanks for the comments...I think the LOML knows that if she buys me tools, she gets something special...She also knows the more exspensive the tool, the prettier the project that comes out of it.

Grub32

bdonald

Great Job, congrats on the pending arrival! Yeah, I found the best way to swindle new tools is to build something nice, and say "I can do better if I had...." :)

HawksFeather

Congratulations on the baby and also for the excellent woodwork. This is something that will be passed on and appreciated for many years. While I enjoy finishes, I have not really done any research on "child proof" finishes. Would you care to share what you used?

Jerry

grub32

I used a spray lacquer...Once it is cured, it will be good. It will take a few months to cure completely. Once it has no odor, it is cured...Then child safe. It is a clear coat of lacquer on maple...no stain, just natural grain.

Thanks all for looking, I look forward to making more pens and videos real soon once I get this thing in the bedroom and get some shelves made for the babies room also.

Boy I love my hobbies : )

Grub

Top Bottom