Just Screwing Around

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

Picked up a dozen of these cheap screwdrivers at work..I turned off the plastic handle and made some nice wooden ones..I used a half of a copper pipe fitting forthe furrel
If I dont sell them at this years craft shows, they will make nice gifts
mystrywood-14_editedMedium.jpg

mystrywood-15_editedMedium.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Art Fuldodger

Very cool. But since you often need to apply a bit of torque to a screwdriver handle, don't make them *too* smooth. If you turn more, consider fluting along the axis of the handle to further increase grip.

S

spiritwoodturner

Can I get on your Christmas list? Those are really cool. I've always wanted to screw something with classy hardware. Uh, wait, that came out totally wrong...

Dale

Texatdurango

I made a few of those "4 in 1" kits sold at Rocklers and the mistake I made was to make the handle too smooth. Looks great but is useless in tight situations because I can't grab the handle and turn with any force, especially if your hand gets a little sweaty or greasy.

I would consider adding some grooves for grip!

sbell111

Those look great.

I've been meaning to try my hand at those ever since I saw them in one of the magazines a year or so ago. I just haven't gotten around to it (like so many things).

I've been thinking of ways that the pen wizard could be used to make the handles less slippy.

nava1uni

At Home Depot they sell a Buck 4 or 6 in 1 for $2-3. It looks just like the Rockler kit, but it is much less expensive. I cut off the handle on my bandsaw and take the metal piece out that the handle fits into. I then glue it into my blank with epoxy and set it below the edge of the wood and then add the furrell. It looks just like the Rockler kit, but it is much less expensive.

Top Bottom