just ordered a rikon 70 100 from menards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
And you bought it during the 11 percent rebate sale! :)

How I hate that Menards rebate deal. Wait at least 2 months for a coupon that makes you spend it on more stuff at Menards. There should be some other word besides rebate to describe this marketing ploy.

Congrats on the new lathe purchase!

In my mind, it certainly beats no rebate at all! :)

TonyL

Enjoy your new purchase. For the folks that own one already, do you find yourself keeping the speed at one speed? Id so, which speed? Thank you.

dartman

I have that same lathe and have been using it 5 years now.There have been no problems with it.Just go over the machine and tighten everything (pulleys,head mount,hand wheels and the such) The ease of changing the belt for speed changes is what drew me to this unit.Once you get used to it you will see what I mean.

vtgaryw

I've been eyeing that lathe for a while now. My current lathe is a VS, not sure how I'd like to have to manually change speeds after the convenience of the dial?

-gary

csr67

I've been eyeing that lathe for a while now. My current lathe is a VS, not sure how I'd like to have to manually change speeds after the convenience of the dial?

-gary

I went to the Rikon from a HF mini with a variable speed dial. The belt change on the Rikon 70-100 is so easy I don't miss it. I can change the belt to a new speed in about 10 seconds, it's very easy.

Rockytime

I went to the Rikon from a HF mini with a variable speed dial. The belt change on the Rikon 70-100 is so easy I don't miss it. I can change the belt to a new speed in about 10 seconds, it's very easy.[/quote]

I just timed myself changing the belt on my Woodtek lathe from high speed (3975) to low speed (500) in exactly 10 seconds. I don't even think about belt changes as being inconvenient. I would like to have VS it it were totally VS without changing belts for the three speed zones.

csr67

got it today what a difference in quality between this lathe and the hf

Yes! Like going from a AMC Pacer and climbing into a Mercedes! You're going to love that lathe. Add one of Rick Herrel's sweet tool rests and it gets even better!

dogrunner

got it today what a difference in quality between this lathe and the hf

Yes! Like going from a AMC Pacer and climbing into a Mercedes! You're going to love that lathe. Add one of Rick Herrel's sweet tool rests and it gets even better!
theres on of his rest on it already just need some time. work really cuts into my free time this time of year

Top Bottom