Just my opinion.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

To the members of the IAP that use the 'for sale' feature of the site.

I am always looking for a deal. And I know the saying "Buyer beware". However, when I purchase something from another member, I do so in good faith. When I get pen refills, I do understand that some may not be in working order. BUT, when none of them work, I feel cheated.
When I purchase pen kits and NONE of the transmissions work, I feel cheated.

I do understand that a person might not know that what they are selling is defective. I do understand mistakes can happen. I realize we are all human. But I also know that I wouldn't do this to any member of the IAP and I don't expect it to happen in return.

This isn't the first time and I am sure it won't be the last. No names will be mentioned. I won't "Jeer" anyone. But I do have a personal list of names on my cork board. I want the membership to know that you may fool me once........but never again.

OK.......rant over........stepping down from my soapbox.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
You wanted actual working kits?? Send me your address Wayne. I have some slim lines collecting dust you can have

Dehn0045

Maybe IAP could include some type of "seller rating" feature. I think that reputation can be powerful, but this alone wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. There is an exotic wood reseller that sells nargusta burl as desert Ironwood burl, the price was cheap and I was skeptical, later I found out that others had been burned.

Talltim

I think that as an Association we should have an expectation that things are described correctly.

I have not been a seller here but have been a buyer on several occasions.

I have been fortunate that everything I have gotten has been as good as or better than described. I am sure this is the standard most on here expect of themselves and others. Most here I have found go to the side of generosity.
Those who consistently do not should somehow lose their privilege to sell. Just hearing your story makes me sad.

Last edited:

Oldfolks

I took a hit too

Maybe IAP could include some type of "seller rating" feature. I think that reputation can be powerful, but this alone wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. There is an exotic wood reseller that sells nargusta burl as desert Ironwood burl, the price was cheap and I was skeptical, later I found out that others had been burned.

I didn't get sent any thing that was miss represented, I just didn't get the product sent! After 5 months of trying to contact the person I now have a claim filed with PayPal .

mecompco

That's too bad! I've never had a bad experience here buying or selling here. You got me thinking about refills as I do sell mine here once I've accumulated 75 or so, but they're usually no more than a year old and still capped (I swap EasyFlow 9000s into all my pens).

Regards,
Michael

Talltim

Mecompco,

You got me thinking about refills as I do sell mine here once I've accumulated 75 or so,

We have faith in you that if all of the refills you sold were dried out you would make it right. It would not be done by intent.

For that matter this other person might make it right as well if addressed

The problem is someone who is trying to slip one by intentionally misrepresenting, mis labeling or with holding valued information.

TurtleTom

the odds would be astronomical against getting even 5 faulty trannys and refills from a reputable retailer.
The perp needs to be identified and vilified.
The thought that someone might think that I had done something like that to them would have me sending free kits from PSI and Pizza Hut vouchers to keep a good reputation.
The bad part is I will now not buy anything on IAP for fear of having this done to me.
caveat venditor!

GaryMGg

Wayne,
When you got the bad product, did you contact the seller?
I've purchased one unsatisfactory product from a seller. We worked out a refund and kept it private.
I've purchased kits and parts from an overseas provider.
There was a high number of defects.
My experience is if there's an issue, there's a possibility the equipment got out of spec and the defect could run high in the batch.

robutacion

In my view, is of interest to everybody here on IAP that "vendors" are honest and responsible to deal with any issues related to the sold item(s), the identity and circumstances should be known by the only person that can mediate and or possibly ban "seller"/member if fraudulent intent is found and that person is Jeff, I'm sure he has shown a firm hand of people that should not be part of this family however, I always ask for most caution when dealing with these situations, assumptions are easy to make and entertain so, searching for the truth and facts is a much better way to go about it.

Jeff should hear the story, he will know how to deal with it the right way...!

Is always sad that these things happen, myself as a vendor I'm not immune to mistakes I do however expect always the opportunity to correct it, regardless of what it is, when one vendor fails to do that and its identify is not revealed, it puts an unnecessary level of mistrust/doubt among all other vendors, the "who was it..?" can become messy...!:frown:

Cheers
George

Oldfolks

Update on my post of yesterday. I got an answer from PayPal last evening that my money will be refunded. Looking at the account it appears that it was received from the seller(?). Not sure, only know it is in my account. Thanks PayPal!!!

Top Bottom