Just another Slim Line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cherie

Cherie

Cream colored corian, lacewood center band, and dark green corian gold slim line pen.

Attachments

• P1160879.jpg
    P1160879.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 263
  • P1160880.jpg
    P1160880.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That sure looks awfully good for 'Just Another Slimline'. Great job. Slims are about the toughest to get right IMHO
Charles

Jgrden

Congratulations on being able to work with Corian and make an attractive pen. The Corian I have is BLAH Need to find some with color and also Black and White.

reiddog1

By golley, I think she's got it. Looks like you're overturning your nib end just a touch. I had the same problem when I bought kits from a different supplier. I ended up making my own bushing out of corian. With that and using calipers religiously, it greatly improved my fit and finish. Just my 2 cents. Keep it up, and have fun.

Dave

Cherie

By golley, I think she's got it. Looks like you're overturning your nib end just a touch. I had the same problem when I bought kits from a different supplier. I ended up making my own bushing out of corian. With that and using calipers religiously, it greatly improved my fit and finish. Just my 2 cents. Keep it up, and have fun.

Dave

Is there a section to show how to make the bushing? I think it would last longer and be more true. I had also bought this kit from CSUSA, so it is different from the others that I usually make. The clip is not aligned right and I really had to look to make sure. Yup its off, but I was told it is the kit and not me. I am still practicing with the nib part on all my pens. So I am far from perfect. But give me a few years. LOL

reiddog1

Cherie, look in the library and there is an article on how to make your own bushings. I usually use extra slimline tubes and corian, i also do the same for barrel trimming sleeves. Hope this helps.

Dave

Top Bottom