Jr. Statesman V2 RB Nib Coupler Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Not long ago I ordered some V2 Jr. Statesman fountain pens and rollerballs. The rollerballs were backordered for about a week but I got the FPs and made them. I got the rollerballs and started to assemble one today, a closed end. Since it's a closed end I decided to check the nib coupler diameter with my calipers to be sure it was OK. It was perfect with Fangar's bushing. The nib coupler measured .480, but the bushing measures .510. It worked perfect on the Fountain Pens. I checked the flange diameter on the FP nib coupler and sure enough, it measures .510. Is there now a Version 3 that nobody told us about? Has anyone else encountered this? One of the rollerball kits has a defective nib coupler, it should never have left the factory. I know CS will make that good, but I am really ticked about the flange diameter on the nib coupler.

I just checked the instructions and the standard bushing is supposed to be .512. So, CSUSA's supplier screwed up big time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

I think you have your end cap bushing mixed up with the nib bushing. I just went out and messured mine and the end cap bushing is .480 and the nib bushing is .512.(or in my case .510 with some ware).
Check to see if you have the mixed up.

gerryr

I do not have them mixed up, in fact I'm not even using the standard bushings, I'm using Fangar's pin chuck for Version 2 of the Jr. Statesman/Gentleman. The standard bushings measure as they are supposed to. The problem is the flange on the nib coupler measures .480 when it should measure .512.

gerryr

I called Nils this morning and explained the problem. He just called me back and said he found the same problem with some of the Jr. Statesman kits. It appears the supplier made some to the old version 1 specifications. He's sending me some replacement parts today. As usual, excellent customer service. THANK YOU, NILS.

nilsatcraft

No problem, Gerry. We have pulled all of those pens from inventory to test them. So far we haven't found too many that were problematic but none will go out with any problems from now on. Thanks for letting us know about this, Gerry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom