Jr. Gentelmen's II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMisiaszek

I turned my first two JG II's this week, and they went OK, but... I purchased the accessory kit which included the drills with the pen kits. The drills that were provided are 27/64 and 33/64. The large tube seemed to be a good fit, but the smaller diameter tube was sloppy. The tube measures .401" or 10.18mm, and the 27/64 drill converts to 10.65mm or .42". Is there a better way to drill and fit this tube?

A bigger question is... where does the extra part go? In the pen kit, there is a center band coupler. In the directions, both the diagram and the directions show the center band coupler being inserted into the short tube. The center band coupler is bright metal and a black plastic nipple. The center band coupler was packaged in the kit with the black plastic nipple inserted into another black plastic section roughly 3/4" long. This piece isn't addressed in the directions or shown on the diagram. What is it and where does it go?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Do you happen to have a photo of this? I do know they come packaged strange and it took me a little bit to figure out what parts went with what. [:)]

FYI, I always use calipers to measure the tube & drill bits. I have found that most all my bits are not what they say they are. Some times it works in my favor.

clthayer

I too turned my first Jr. Gents II this week. I had the similar problems with the drill bits. I didn't buy the accessory kit cause I have bits enough. The first one I drilled and glued I had the same problem, the smaller tube was a bit sloppy. The second one I drilled I ended up using a 13/32 without a problem. Also I did the cap with a 1/2" bit.

As to the centerband coupler, mine came assembled, unlike the baron where the pieces come seperate and you have to put them together. All I had to do was press them into the cap.

Christian

PMisiaszek

Pic attached. The mystery part is behind the center band coupler.

2006114165056_JGII.jpg
<br />

martyb

I didn't get that part in my Jr Gent II, but got it in my Jr Statesman II. It didn't fit into the upper barrel and I couldn't figure out where it went either. So I left it out during assembly. Hope that wasn't a bad choice. [8)]

PMisiaszek

I just checked my other JG II's. The mystery part is in both rhodium fountain pen kits, but not in the titanium roller ball kits. My guess is that it is intended to be inserted in the upper tube as part of the center band assembly. If so, I don't see what purpose it would serve except to add some weight and maybe balance to the pen.

sptfr43

this was brought up before. it seems that that piece is only to hide the brass tube when you look into the cap.makes it look all black. I have left it out and also installed on some and seeems to have no other function.

tone

That extra plastic piece is to keep the nib aligned when closing the pen to avoid cross threading. It is their latest fix for the thread problems these pens have had.

Firefyter-emt

Huh, that is strange. I have just finished a JR.Statesman-FP and a Jr. Gent-RB and did not have that in either kits. I wish they would straighten these kits out. I mean there are errors in sizes in the catalogs (like the Jr. Statesman as a 1/2" thick pen when finished) screwey instructions, photos that don't match and the listing of the FP nib as "two-tone" I guess that is just when you have some ink on the tip, Eh? It's a shame because they seem to do so much better on cheaper kits. I would expect proper instructions on a $30.00 pen kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom