Jr. Gent with Logwood Eye Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Timbo

Timbo

The Logwood Eye Burl I got from John Gerst (johnm) was so nice I just had to make a pen from it right away (even thought I have a million other things I should be doing). The finish is CA, micromeshed then buffed.

A first for me on this one was a custom finial. I made it a little thicker than the stock finial...I like that look better. It was easier to do than I thought. I just CAed the Logwood cut-off to the end of a half blank I had laying around, then chucked in my 4-jaw chuck, then used the live center to support the end until I got it round. Believe it or not, the only cutters I used was my 3/16" and 1/16" parting tools...yes...you can do slight curves with a parting tool.

I'm still working on the photography...images are a little harsh, and not as sharp as they should be but I'll keep at it. Thanks for looking, all comments welcome.

wiset1

:eek:WOW! That is an AWESOME looking pen. I was blown away the second it jumped off the screen. Great work

johnm

TIM... WOW. THAT WOOD IS BETTER THAN I WAS HOPING IT WOULD TURN OUT. I AM REALLY GLAD I BROUGHT THIS WOOD UP... HOPEFULLY THIS PHOTO WILL INSPIRE FOLKS TO BUY MORE (SMILE) WOOD...I HAVE PLENTY TO SELL

Top Bottom