Jr. Gent with Antlers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

Ti Gold Jr. Gent dressed in Whitetail Deer antler. Comments/critique always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Antler Jr Gent 01.jpg
    Antler Jr Gent 01.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Antler Jr Gent 02.jpg
    Antler Jr Gent 02.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louisbry

That looks nice. I've never worked with deer antler but that seems to be a lot darker than most I've seen. What causes that?

Keith, I am not sure why it is darker. This is only the second deer antler I have turned. You definitely get color variations when you turn through the bark.

toolcrazy

That looks nice. I've never worked with deer antler but that seems to be a lot darker than most I've seen. What causes that?
Color will depend on what part of the antler finally comes out when you turn it. So the color will vary from white to almost black.

bitshird

Louis, great looking Jr. Gent, I have the pieces cut for a baron, havent drilled them and doesn't look like I will for a few weeks, but that is a sharp looking pen, and
i like the finial, I did the one for my baron. the matching finials add so much to the finish of the pen

fernhills

Hi, i got a cigar in antler on lathe now, soaking up a douse of C/A. Hoping that the CA will help in the color not turning out dark. I do that just before i sand, helps keep bushing dust and dark dust from getting into the porous sections of the bone. Your pen looks great, i hope mine will turn out half as good. Carl

Top Bottom