Jr. Gent Version ONE!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe (90% certain) my memory is correct. IF so, I COULD just measure and prove it tonight.

I decided to post this because I suspect there are others who may have Jr. Gent or Jr. Statesman version ONE pen kits that are missing tubes, as I found out last night, I do.

Weren't the version one tubes identical to the Baron????

Thanks for your answers!!:D:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, guys.

I used one set for a pen destined to be a Jr. Statesman, then realized it was the version I. THEN, the blank did not live up to expectations so it became an "also ran". I now realize I can make IT into a Baron, then steal THOSE tubes to make my statesman kit whole again.

YIPPEE!

mrcook4570

Originally posted by ed4copiesI now realize I can make IT into a Baron, then steal THOSE tubes to make my statesman kit whole again.

Not if you have already turned it to be a Jr. The Jr. has a tapered barrel whereas the baron is straight. One end will be severely overtrned to be a baron. However, you cam also swap trim rings and then all is well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the clarification Stan.

Since it was not mounted on anything, I switched the bushings and made it a baron, but I had not mentioned that - good idea to make it clear for the next person who tries it.

redfishsc

You guys sound like my drunk cousin who knows how to fit the water pump from a '64 Mercury to a '74 Nova using a bit of JB Weld and a soldering iron.

I now realize I can make IT into a Baron, then steal THOSE tubes to make my statesman kit whole again.

ED--- if I read your post right, are you going to try to use the tubes from a Baron to make a Jr Statesman? I've read that sentence several time and can't tell if that is what you are actually saying, but the Baron tubes wouldn't fit a Jr. Statesman.[?]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Not the CURRENT Jr. Statesman, the ORIGINAL Jr. Statesman.

Sheesh, it's clear as mud, what's the problem???

Long ago (2005 cat, I think), the Jr. Statesman was introduced with baron-sized tubes.

Top Bottom