Jr Gent Twist Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I turned a few of these today, they are new for me. Some are platinum and some gold, all from CSUSA. the woods are all stabilized, box elder, maple, buck eye burl.

2005219193831_IMG_0900.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by Fleabit
<br />Busybody I see. All the pens are well done. Same question as woodscavenger: What is your photo setup?

Thanks every One,

My photo set up is on a bench in my work room, I use a grey card, a 500 watt halogen light and a second light with a clear 250 watt bulb. I have the two lights shine through a transparent material, I position the 500 watt light close and the 250 watt bulb above the area and father back than the 500 watt light. I also use a reflector card I covered with aluminum foil. I set my camera on macro and away I go, all shots are set on a small mini tripod and I use the self timer function to trip the shutter. My camera is a Canon S330, 2 MP.

mike_l

I've seen these in the catalog and at the time I didn't particularly like them. You have certainlyl changed my mind on these. They should use your pens in the catalog!! I will be trying some of these soon.

Mike L

Originally posted by Gregory Huey
<br />Very,Very nice work. I just turned this kit for the first time the other day and found out real quick that the bottom barrel length is very important.

Hi Gregory,

Yes, I did as well, the first one was less than 100%, it's now a shop pen...I left the bottom a hair longer than the tube, maybe 1/16"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom