jr gent question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPauli

I just made my first two Jr. Gent pens and I am having a
little trouble with the threading when I post the cap.
The first one I made I thought it was becasue maybe I
damaged the threads when I pressed the parts together.
So the second one I was very carefull when I pressed,
I used a cloth between the threads and my press. But
I got the same results. It takes me or my wife a few
tries to get it to thread. When I place the cap back over
the nib it screws in perfect.

Thanks for any advice

I just love the style of the pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

That's a problem you will sometime encounter with the Jr. Gent. I get one that threads poorly every once in awhile. I've heard the same from others here.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The threads on the post end are fairly soft. Line the cap up and screw it on and off a few times. That should line them up. A little candle wax on the threads will help as well. I've not had one that I couldn't save...so far (knock on a blank!). [8D]

Rudy Vey

I had a delivery of Gent Jr they all had a problem. What I always did when I get pen kits in, is to unpack them from all their little baggies (oh, how I hate these) and put the parts in Plano boxes. For every kit I have a box or two. When I started making the gents jr, I quickly realized that the either screw not nicely in the front or have problems posting. I called Bill and he told me never to mix the parts - keep the parts of the pens together. Afterwards I tried to match the threads again and have now a number of pen that can be closed. i.e the cap can be put on normal, but they do not post the cap. One pen has some thread problems in that way the I can endlessly screw the cap, it never get tight and stops. I was kinda po'ed about that and hope the next batch will not do this (I kept all parts in the baggies). There is definately a problem with quality with the Gents Jr, threads should match at all times. So far, I never had a problem with El Grandes,Streamlined El Grandes or Barons.

Rudy
SE MI

PenPauli

I just sold one of them hopefully it won't be a problem. I
really like the design of the jr gent pen. I did leave the
parts in their own separate bags so I know I did't mix up
any parts. Do they sell this pen without the threaded post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom