Jr. Gent II help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dweir

I ordered some Jr. Gents II from CSUSA and got the kits (postable top). Problem is I ordered the bushings and drill bits, but they are on backorder till end of month. Is there a pen kit that is comparable so I can get bushings from another supplier? I have a show coming up in May and would like to purchase some bushings. Drill bits are no problem as I can "fudge it". My calipers are fractional and the instructions are in decimal. Maybe I can convert the decimal to fractions, but I would like to try with bushings first, then I can get the proper dimensions to turn by caliper later, when I get better at this addictive habit of spinning wood and making pens out of it. [8]

Thanks,
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doohboy24

You could order custom bushings form johnnycnc. they are for between centers turning and well worth the forty dollar cost. you might wanna email him.

BruceK

Since no one else is stepping up, I have an set that is brand new (I now use johnnycnc bushings). I'm clear across the country from you but if you want them I'll send them to you. How about covering shipping and 4 bucks for the bushings which is what I paid for them in a group buy? PM me with you shipping address and how you want them shipped, priority or first class and I can get them in tomorrow's mail. I can let you know the actual shipping cost after I go to the post office and send them your way.

Grizz

Banned
I just got my order from CSUSA and I have to wait as well. I don't think the end of the month is that far away. It is a bummer though... I've got three kits now and no bushings. [V]

dweir

BruceK, Thanks for the offer! I will just wait until the end of the month, since I have already paid for them and I have plenty of kits that need to be turned in the mean time.

Thanks again,
Dave

Hello

calipers don't have to be used by the numbers, do they?
you can just dial up the diamter of the kit parts manually and take a look at the number that your calipers show, right?....no math converting needed

dweir

Thanks again for all of the help. I am just gonna use calipers and a little trial and error on a "test" kit. I always buy a few extra kits, as I know I will screw something up on a new kit, until I get used to them. The end of the month will be here soon.
Also found bushings for the Jr. Gent II on rockler and bought some since I had to get some new MM pads and CA glue anyways. If they are not right, I am only out a few bucks.

Thanks Again!

Dave

BruceK

Didn't know Rockler even carried the Jr Gent II's...looks like a new addition. I don't quite get the pricing though, they have the black titanium at $12.99 and the 10k gold at $14.99. CSUSA has the black titanium at $13.99 and the 10k gold at $7.99. So what is going on here?

Top Bottom