Jr. Gent II - Drill Sizes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwc

I recently ordered and received 4 Jr. Gent II kits from CSUSA. Long story short, the tubes and kits in the bags were for the older Jr. Gent kit that required a 25/64" bit. Bags even were labelled as Jr. Gent II.

The instructions included with the 4 kits were for the new kit that indicates the 27/64". So needless to say instructions were followed and the blank was drilled at 27/64 and the tube just slopped around.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by kenwc
<br />I recently ordered and received 4 Jr. Gent II kits from CSUSA. Long story short, the tubes and kits in the bags were for the older Jr. Gent kit that required a 25/64" bit. Bags even were labelled as Jr. Gent II.

The instructions included with the 4 kits were for the new kit that indicates the 27/64". So needless to say instructions were followed and the blank was drilled at 27/64 and the tube just slopped around.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Call up CSUSA and have them replace the screwed up blanks and also have them send you new tubes in case you glued them up already.
This is just ridiculous. Never happened with the Barons I get from AS.

wayneis

Rudy are you saying that BB has never made a mistake? Your last statement is uncalled for in my opinion. If CSUSA did make a mistake everyone here knows that the problem will be taken care of.

Wayne

kenwc

I did write CSUSA and make them aware of the discrepancy. CSUSA us one of the best suppliers I've ever dealt with. I also like AS and recently have started using Bear tooth. I'm sure this was an isolated event. It's a lesson to me to use the Micrometer EVERY time I make a pen kit.

OKLAHOMAN

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, THE 12.5 TUBE IS FINE BUT THE 27/64 IS LOOSE. EVEN TRYED 2 DIFF. DRILL BITS JUST IN CASE. SO FAR THE FIRST 3 OUT OF 12 THAT I BOUGHT IN THE GROUP BUY.WILL CALL CSUSA THIS WEEK TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE FOUND OUT, I'M SURE THEY WILL FIX THE PROBLEM

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
There is no way I would spend the time I do making one of my blanks and expect a supplier to replace it.
Yep suppliers make mistakes but there was another mistake that was made that cannot be blamed on any supplier.
It's called a test fit.
A lesson I learned very early on in making blanks is that even an expensive bit suggested by a supplier is not the best one for the kit I am making.
ALWAYS make a test hole and try the tube in it. To drill a hole in the blank with a bit you have not used before for a kit that has been redesigned without checking everything for fit first is looking for an accident to happen.
In your case it did.
I hope you learned a valuable lesson.
I am sure CSUSA will make good, I have <b>never</b> read a post where someone said their service after the sale was substandard.In a perfect world, you would order the components and drill and expect the drill to be correct for the components you ordered.
We do not live in a perfect world and people make mistakes.
A test fit would have caught the mistake.

kenwc

I don't expect CSUSA to replace anything for me and I did not indicate that in either of my posts. My post simply asked if anyone had encountered it.

As stated in my post I did write them to make them aware of what I received in my order and that's fair between a customer and vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom