Jr. Gent I & II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I need to get some Jr. Gent kits. I see some vendors sell Jr. Gent I and other sell Jr. Gent II. What are the REAL differences between the two?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmbaker79

Mostly the jr gent 1 features smaller diameter brass tubes, as well as black coated metal threaded couplers, and typically available in chrome or gold, some in rhodium. Where as the jr gent ii features matching plated threads, available in postable or non postable versions, and premium platings are available. Jr gent 1's are typically about half the price of jr gent 2's, but im sure that isnt aleays the case! That should cover most of the differences!

Lenny

The II is a bigger pen using the larger drill bits 10.5and12.5 as opposed to the I which uses 25/64and 15/32 ... It used to be that the II had metal threads avoiding the visible black threads of the I version. Not sure that is the case now. I believe there were some issues with the metal threads. I know I have been trying to get a replacement of one of my jr. Gent II's CB coupler for some time now due to an issue where a customer tore it apart instead of unscrewing it. So far CSUSA hasn't had one available.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Mostly the jr gent 1 features smaller diameter brass tubes, as well as black coated metal threaded couplers, and typically available in chrome or gold, some in rhodium. Where as the jr gent ii features matching plated threads, available in postable or non postable versions, and premium platings are available. Jr gent 1's are typically about half the price of jr gent 2's, but im sure that isnt aleays the case! That should cover most of the differences!
The 1 is also available in Gold Tn and can be found in Gun Metal as well.

Randy Simmons

The gent 2 also uses bushings that match the jr statesman, venus, jr retro, and others. The plating is higher quality, using rhodium in lieu of chrome and Ti gold in stead of 10k. They also come in black Ti.

The threads are slightly lower profile considering they are matching plated and not black plastic.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The gent 2 also uses bushings that match the jr statesman, venus, jr retro, and others. The plating is higher quality, using rhodium in lieu of chrome and Ti gold in stead of 10k. They also come in black Ti.

The threads are slightly lower profile considering they are matching plated and not black plastic.
Both Rhodium and Gold Tn platings are available on Jr Gent 1 kits.

Randy Simmons

Both Rhodium and Gold Tn platings are available on Jr Gent 1 kits.
Really?

Haven't made them in awhile then. Or maybe the vendor I used didn't have them :)

walshjp17

This is great feedback. Thank you all very much. Just ordered a few Jr. Gent IIs and Barons from Exotic Blanks. Appreciate the guidance and help.

Top Bottom