Jr. Gent - black plastic piece loose fitting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

I've just started to make some Jr. Gent pens and I've noticed on many of the kits the black plastic threaded piece does not fit very tightly with its mating metal piece/centerband. (the two parts come pressed together, but are easily separated).

My concern is that the customer will at some point press the barrels together and the threads will be pushed further into the cap, requiring a disassembly.

Has anyone had this problem? I was thinking about putting a little epoxy to hold these two pieces together, but I was curious what others were doing, or if it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the advice!

- Joe

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

I had one customer bring a Sedona back because he pushed the threaded section up too far. I was able to catch the thread and pull it back down and reminded him it's a threaded cap, not a push on. I guess you could put a dab of locktite on it.

ldb2000

The problem is the threaded piece is made of Delrin , glues don't stick to it . I have never tried Loctite on it but I would think that it won't stick either .

ldb2000

So far it hasn't been a problem , at least no one has complained ..... so far .
It is a flaw in the design but I guess they tested the design and found no or very few problems .... like the Sierra .

bitshird

The glue might not hold to the Delrin, but if it's the the piece in the cap it has grooves in it, the glue would stick to the brass tube and the excess (MIGHT) fill into those grooves and hold it in, if we are talking about the threaded piece for the cap, if it's the piece for the body I dunno??

Top Bottom