Jr Emperor Watch Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

The title pretty much says it all. The kit is a Jr Emperor fountain pen. Ink is cartridge or converter. The parts are cast in Alumilite Clear.

C and C most welcome.

Attachments

• closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 548
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 479
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

Beautiful pen Grant. Although I agree with Peter about mixing the nibs and gears, it got me thinking about using all nibs over black or carbon fiber. That might look really cool and would give me a good use for all those cheap nibs I pull out :)

Harry

Texatdurango

Grant, To me, the watch gears tell me it's a watch theme then to put fountain nibs at the bottom, well, it looks a little mixed up.

Up until I sold the watch pen with the blank you made for me, EVERYONE commented and most asked... "is that a real watch?" I think it needs a watch face instead of nibs. But, I was wrong on May 3rd, 1972 and am due to be wrong again anytime now! :wink:

PenPal

Grant,

Congratulations on your pen I dissagree that watch parts covers the description because for me the use of nibs in the body of the pen is outstanding and the first time I have seen this used.

Apologies to Wood-of-1kind my comment was made before I saw your reply and is not in opposition to you but my take since all watch part pens deserve an identity, a difference.

Is the casting yours Grant also using more than one nib delightful I really see the point.

How difficult it is to imagine this pen in a pocket at first blush its about watches then in the hand no words exchanged it takes another characteristic all of its own even pointing the way up to the watch parts when housed and to the tip in use.

Using gold with black takes and balances the bling effect of this kit, my eye was fixed on the nibs before the kit, IMHO this is success making the kit the carrier of the creation that is your pen.

Really impressed love that pen and the statement it makes, the direction in steampunk that it arrived at, the impact it had on me.

So impressed am I I called my wife in to view your pen and she made her comment that the
incredible matching in the nibs with the kit centre bands, the golden colouring of gears the gold in the nibs and in placing my reply on hold I was able to read all the comments made since I started.

Please keep this pen as is to preserve it as distinct, different and exciting. Perhaps not understanding Betty Boop, understanding Mickey Mouse and significant Watch manufacturers faces they have their place as do the date wheels etc etc historic themes need busting and individuality makes a pen unique. To me this pen is unique and very special.

Kind regards Peter.

Kretzky

I like it, it's a little different. I agree with everything Peter has said above. Often (for me) the watch part pens look a little cluttered (overdone?). Don't get me wrong, I like them & appreciate the work & talent that goes into making them. I think this is a progression on a well used theme you haven't just followed the herd... it's really refreshing to see. Obviously there are those that will disagree but personally.... I wouldn't change it.
Well done for thinking "outside the (well worn) box"
David

Last edited:
I like the pen. Also we have to remember we can always make our own of anything and make it the way we want to make it. Sometimes my idea won't be yours, that doesn't make yours wrong it just makes it yours not mine, if I want my idea done I should do it! Nice job I think you did a nice job with placement and you didn't over do it! Thanks for posting it!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Grant, at first glance I thought the same, but now I like it because it's different.
Nibs are more at home than watch parts, so of course it works. :biggrin:

...... But, I was wrong on May 3rd, 1972 and am due to be wrong again anytime now! :wink:

Mmmm, that really is my birthday. Please tell me you have nothing to do with that !!! I'd really hate to be one of your mistakes!!! :eek::rolleyes:

gwilki

Thank you all for your compliments and for your critiques. As Mike so elegantly put it, each of us has our own tastes. None are wrong or right. I appreciate reading the positives as well as the negatives. When/if the day comes that I try to sell something that I've made, it will have been valuable to hear what others see as good design. Making things to my taste it great fun, but may well not be profitable. Not to center out anyone, but I place a lot of store in George's opinions and advice. And, any time that Steven chimes in, I listen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom