Jnr emperors tube lenghts ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rarest wood

Can anyone tell me the length of the Jnr emperors tubes. I have the correct drill sizes which are 10.5 and 12.5 but need to chop a couple to lenght as I have drilled in anticipation of recieving some from CSUSA. The blanks I have drilled using a metal working lathe and a 4 jaw chuck Thanks daniel for the lead on that! The material I have drilled is HHL and was to small to sell as most folk would have a blue fit trying to drill a blank such as HHL due to the cost of the blanks but I think I have redeemed it for some Jnr emperors. so lenght please if anyone knows also in mm + inches. I have kept the lenghths for now as per the large emperors hoping that this is a least long enough.

OKLAHOMAN

1.894 and 2.104 matter of fact same as all the other Jrs and the retro. I have used their tubes before and have never understood why CSUSA sells the for .15 more and under a diff. number......so if you have any Jr. Gent, jr. statemen or retro you can use thrir tubes btw also 3 out of 4 of the bushings also.

lwalden

Care for a third opinion? I just mic'd both the Jr vII and the Jr Emperor tubes- the lower barrel's are the same size for these two kits, at 2.09"/53.09mm. The upper barrels are different between the Jr vII and the Jr Emperor-The Jr Emperor is 1.854"/47.11mm, so I agree with Jon on the upper though we're a little different on the lower, while Roy has the length for the Jr vII correct, (I actually came in at 1.892", 2/1000ths different from Roy). I've ended up using the slightly longer tubes for the Jr vII on occasion with a Jr Emperor kit, it doesn't hurt having a little extra length, though I'd guess you might run into problems trying to use the shorter upper tube from a Jr Emperor kit on a Jr vII set of hardware. This is similar for the full sized Gent/Statesman tubes and full sized Emperor tubes, with the upper tube of the Emperor being slightly shorter than the upper tube of the Gent/Statesman....

Top Bottom