jigsaw pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

Well not a full pen yet. I am half way done with it so far. This one has been very tedious and problematic for me. Mostly because it's been a real learning curve.

Ed

IMG_4598.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

well for me it was getting all those parts together with out breaking, cracking, etc.. Mostly I have never made anything with multiple items like this, same with segments. When I did start work on it I realized the hardest part I had was thinking I had a problem with it but in the end it all comes down to get up do it then work with/around whatever may come up in the process.

Ed

workinforwood

yea, at fist glance I was thinking brilliant idea, and piece of cake to do on the scroll saw. After a moments though though, I reconsider the ease part big time. It would be a compound scrolled cut I'm guessing? That's far from easy. However it's done, has to be a real brute! I love it big time!

edstreet

cake? nope not this one. I am not sure what type of equipment he uses to cut these but it's quite remarkable.

Now if you were doing larger sections, say a bowl or something then you might be able to use the scroll saw on it. This is 1.5mm thick.

Ed

IMG_4519.JPG

Hosspen

WOW! That's a puzzling trick you have there. I'm in awe at the tediousnous of such a pen, but You have shown that it actually can be done and the results are worth the trouble. Keep it up man!

shawn394

I made up one of these pens a couple of months ago. I had it at my first show two weeks ago. One of the other vendors husbands realy examened it and asked all the usual questions. He then went and got his wife and brought her back to show it to her. After looking at it and asking all the questions about how it was made she questioned my sanity also. You did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom