Jigs are up, Rob!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ok, you asked what I do with my scroll chuck.

Here are a bunch of pics of things that the scroll chuck holds. While I don't know what order the pics are in, there is one for my kaleidoscopes, which has that written on it. Also one for bottlestoppers (5/16 dowel sticking out), one for my desk mags (2 pics shown) that is a piece of corian the right OD, then I just put a piece of wood on the corian with 2 sided tape, turn and sand. Will edit in any other descriptions after seeing this.

The PVC with the tightening band holds eggs. The big round piece with 3 holes is for sand timers. The 3 holes mark where the dowels should be positioned.

Attachments

• jigsnet.JPG
    jigsnet.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 274
  • jigsnet (1).JPG
    jigsnet (1).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 251
  • jigsnet (2).JPG
    jigsnet (2).JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 203
  • jigsnet (3).JPG
    jigsnet (3).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 278
  • jigsnet (4).JPG
    jigsnet (4).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 249
  • jigsnet (5).JPG
    jigsnet (5).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 181
  • jigsnet (6).JPG
    jigsnet (6).JPG
    66 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That gives me a visual of what potential is out there. Now I just need to find the time to get down to the shop, lol.

Randy_

Ed: The loose end of that "hose clamp" on the egg chuck looks like a serious accident just waiting to happen!! Do you do something to protect yourself from that end or do you just pray and hope you have been a good boy on the days you do eggs??

As an absolute minimin, I would turn that clamp 180° so that loose end was pointing "AWAY" from the direction of rotation so it would tend to "collapse" if a finger or hand inadvertantly got in the way.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for caring, Randy!!

Actually, I used that only once - just to prove I could make an egg. Ever since, I have wondered what people do with eggs????

I do make kaleggoscopes, but they are on the kaleidoscope "rod".

bitshird

Thanks for caring, Randy!!

Actually, I used that only once - just to prove I could make an egg. Ever since, I have wondered what people do with eggs????

I do make kaleggoscopes, but they are on the kaleidoscope "rod".

Ed they would go well with thin strips of veneer a good high fiber breakfast perhaps, after all George Washington had wooden teeth.

Top Bottom