JG 2 CB and cap tips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I have just disassembled my first ever JG 2 CB and cap finial thingy. I am fairly limited in my drill bit choices, so I had to improvise. It took a couple of minutes to figure it all out, but i finally got it.

I learned alot on my little mini journey. First, One side of the silver ring you knock off of the CB is beveled on one side and not the other. If you keep this ring, pay close attention to get the beveled side facing outward.

And when knocking out the finial in the cap, the HF punch set is a LIFESAVER! I pressed the cap into a tube, wrapped the tube with a rubberband, and made sure the punch fit into the cap and reached the little tab.

I am crazy excited now! My jig needs work, but overall i look forward to making this pen, and many more like it! THANKS IAP!

mickr

to get the cap finial out you seem to have made it harder than it needs to be...put the cap in a wood vise and tap the finial out..waaayyy easier (assuming you have a wood vice) Or you can put the cap in a wood block sized to the cap and the hole sized to be larger than the finial & just tap it out into the hole...but hey your way worked too...

johncrane

l agree with Mick you dont need to press the cap into the tube to remove the finial, have a look in IAP Library and go into Articles 2008 check out Custom Finials there l show a very easy jig to make.

Top Bottom