Jet Tailstock Spindle JML1014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lefty

I was interested in drilling blanks on the lathe and ran into an issue and thought there may be a solution. I have a drill chuck but due to the shank length, I'm limited on travel with the spindle. It seems that the spindle wants to eject the shank when there's about an inch of the spindle exposed from the tail stock. This is limiting my travel significantly. I thought maybe I could find a shorter shank or a longer spindle so I could get a bit more travel. I struck out at my local Woodcraft on both. I'm not even sure they make a longer spindle or if there are logistical problems with deploying one. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zorro9

ok, so you mount a 1/2" drill chuck in tailstock with appropriate bit. Jet Mini's have a short travel, you will have to rewind the spindle and move the tailstock up. Not much you can do about it.

lefty

ok, so you mount a 1/2" drill chuck in tailstock with appropriate bit. Jet Mini's have a short travel, you will have to rewind the spindle and move the tailstock up. Not much you can do about it.
That sounds so simple. I'm sitting here now wondering why I was trying to make it so complicated. Thank you.

Top Bottom