Jet 1221 VS Speed Sensor issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

adkinssp

Guys,
Hoping you can help with some ideas, as I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Reader's Digest version:
Speed sensor is not working - no light from LED
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Detailed:
Bought a Jet 1221VS on 12/27/15.

After the first week, the speed sensor failed.

I called Jet and they sent me out a new sensor...plugged it in, attached to the cradle and installed near the collar....no speed. Look in and see that the LED is not lit.

Called Jet again and they sent me out a new sensor...this past weekend I plugged it in....same issue. LED is not lighting up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another call into Jet Tech support...they are looking at the book and said they would get back to me.

Thanks,
Sean

adkinssp

Are they telling you the setting distance from the sensor to the rotating part?

Sorry, I completely forgot that I posted this (duh). They have mentioned it, but I've tried both mounting the sensor on the bracket and manually holding it near the speed collar.

I finally figured it out....

The problem wasn't the vertical spacing of the sensor to the collar, but the lateral placement of the collar above the sensor.

It appears the sensor doesn't light up until it is in proximity of the collar...and with mine out of alignment, it never lit the LED...and when I had it unmounted it wouldn't have lit the LED because it was not in proximity of the collar.

Sort of a bone head move on my part, but I didnt expect that the sensor had another element that would keep the LED off or turn it on based on the proximity to the speed collar.

Sean

Last edited:
Top Bottom