jet 1014 power switch not working

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I picked up today on Craigslist a jet 1014 with a stand.

I already have a jet 1014 that I love. the previous owner said they used to have to shake the lathe to get it to turn on sometimes. After some tinkering when I checked it out it all the sudden started working and I couldn't get it to not work. Once I got home and set it back up I cannot get it to come on at all no matter what I do. I took the power safety switch out of my other jet which is a little bit newer and when I wire that switch into the broken lathe the motor starts up just fine the broken switch does not work in my the newer lathe either.

where do I find such a switch? this did not seem to be something that popped up on jet lathe forums. Any thoughts on why the switch could go bad?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

If you want to keep with the original switch type, you can find them at ereplacement. It looks like that is an obsolete switch but they do still have a few in stock. Switch [994532] for Jet Power Tool | eReplacement Parts

A less costly solution would be to install a different type of switch, which might require some creativity to get to fit. You would just need to make sure you got a switch that was rated more than 10 Amp at 120 volt for the motor.

low_48

Not at all uncommon for switches on lathes to go bad. Our club Jet lathe has a bum switch right now, as well as a friend of mines. As mentioned, buy 2. A house light switch will work until you find the new ones. Not a lot of current draw switching a lathe on.

Top Bottom