Jeager Style Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Two pens today trying a new way to finish:
The first two are Spanish Brier burl. The second two are California Almond from the Jardine Ranch in Paso Robles. The kit is a black cigar and did not fit right. Still can not figure out what went wrong. The last picture is a leather journal with pen for a sports car enthusiast. It is designed to take rough handling and comes with a Ebony pen.

Attachments

• Pens - 4-22-10 Spanish Brair burl Jeager Style-2.jpg
    Pens - 4-22-10 Spanish Brair burl Jeager Style-2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Pens - 4-22-10 Spanish Brair Burl Jeager Style.jpg
    Pens - 4-22-10 Spanish Brair Burl Jeager Style.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Pens - 4-22-10 Ca. Almond Jardine Ranch-Jeagerfinish.jpg
    Pens - 4-22-10 Ca. Almond Jardine Ranch-Jeagerfinish.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Pens - 4-22-10 Ca. Almond Jardine Ranch-Jeager finish.jpg
    Pens - 4-22-10 Ca. Almond Jardine Ranch-Jeager finish.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Journal - 4-22-10 Black-Red SSR Front A.jpg
    Journal - 4-22-10 Black-Red SSR Front A.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
WOW John, I was suprised to read your opening and telling about wood from Jardine ranch, in Paso Robles Calif. Thats my home town for the past 43 years. You do a real nice job on your pens. Hope someday to be as good

Jgrden

WOW John, I was suprised to read your opening and telling about wood from Jardine ranch, in Paso Robles Calif. Thats my home town for the past 43 years. You do a real nice job on your pens. Hope someday to be as good
Frank, then you know about his orchard and the trees he has removed. He sells them for firewood but the older and blacker they get, the better for us. My mother-in-law is living in Heritage Ranch. She and her husband, Mac, started the Community Services District for the Ranch taking a big monkey off the Countys back. We lived on 12th street and I was a real estate loan officer for Heritage Oaks Bank for a while. All the people that did business on the margin (Estate Financial, Stinchfield, and others) are now being prosecuted. Fortunately I did not get close to that bunch.

jaeger

Nice pens John! I think the journals are amazing as well!!! A very nice set for those with an eye for fine craftsmanship!

Jgrden

Nice pens John! I think the journals are amazing as well!!! A very nice set for those with an eye for fine craftsmanship!
YOu are the one that taught me how to do it. Your instructions are hanging right over my lathe as we speak. I did find out that the hot CA was the way to go.
Thank you for your help.

Top Bottom