JDS vs. Delta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dabeeler

I am looking at two dust collector units, one JDS the other Delta. Spec wise they are both about equal - 1.5 HP models with 1 micron dust bag. Is one brand better than the other or are they so equal that price should rule?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

The JDS, Delta and Jet 1.5hp with 1 micron cannister are all about the same. The crank cleaner for the JDS looks interesting and makes it different from the other two. I would be interested in finding out which cleans the fins of the cannister better. I have the Jet version of the three. The first thing I have to tell you about any dust collection unit is they aren't worth a darn if you don't empty them (DAMHINT) :redface:

The plastic collection bags get VERY heavy if you let them fill all the way. About 100 pounds. We take the cannister off about every two months and clean the fins real good with a shop vac. Ceaping it clean is essential to keeping the CFMs up.

rherrell

I have a JDS air cleaner, a little different than a dust collector. It's MADE IN AMERICA and has a LIFETIME warranty. I say BUY AMERICAN and keep somebody working.:biggrin:

jskeen

I did not know that there were any dust collectors in that category that were actually made in America. I wonder how much of the actual manufacturing is really done here in the US. It is very similar to the jet/delta units which are chinese made. However, if it is indeed made here, I would happily pay extra for one.

In any case, I would definitely recommend a cyclone style trash can lid separator as a pre filter for your system. It will separate out most of the chips and trash before it gets to your collector and make it much easier to maintain. You can either buy one, or there are plans online to make your own.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I could not find any reference to the JDS unit being made in the USA...doesn't mean it's not, just can't find any yet...

General is made in North America, but it's expensive. (But if North America made is important to you, beware of GEneral INternational, as it's Taiwanese as well)

toolcrazy

I have a JDS air cleaner, a little different than a dust collector. It's MADE IN AMERICA and has a LIFETIME warranty. I say BUY AMERICAN and keep somebody working.:biggrin:

I have a JDS dust eater. I will tell you one thing, their customer service is top notch. My remote was damaged in shipping and I emailed them. The president of the company called me the next day and said a new remote was on the way. Yes I said, the president of the company. Can't get any higher than that.

ctubbs

Here is my dumb question, are you looking for an air cleaner or bag/cyclone type DC? I have built the first and moded the other from a trash can and HF bag type. Enquireing minds and all that crap.

Top Bottom