Jazzed up my rig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

I took some time to make some needed improvements on my penturning rig.

I found that the dust collector wasn't working good,the inside of the bag had little CA crystals,as sometimes I was too much in a hurry to discoonect the bag when doing the finishing.I like to have the fumes sucked away from me,so I do use the vac.

The hood & hose was pretty CA'd up too.I had a spare new hose but it was a little short.I used some hard elbows to make it work.I think that should help in the air flow too,as it's more uniterupted.

So I made a quick-de-tach setup so I can switch out between the 2 hose/hoods so the new hood should stay nice & clear a long time I'm hoping.

I made some other organizing improvements too,so it should be more enjoyable,since I have so little workspace to work with.

I posted pics and captions for my Uncle Mike to read,and thought someone here might like to see them too,so I posted this note.

Click on http://361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/ossaguy/ if you want take a look. ( mostly on page 2 )

Take care,

Steve
San Diego

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnccutter

Steve that is a great set up. for the people that do craft shows and such that would be nice to be able to role in and start turning with very little set up. seem to me to be a very efficient layout too.

Great job!

Erik

Padre

Very nice! How do you like the lathe? I have one and love it.

ossaguy

Thanks guys!

I love using mine too.I can't tell the difference between sanding in forward or reverse when I used just the normal mandrel. With the collet chuck on it I'm sure to always use it in forward.

So when it comes time to buy a chuck for it,I'm wondering if I should get the one that's made for it ( the G3r ) or only use it in forward and get another type.Our club box-making instructor said the Vicmark ( I think that's the brand......Vic something..) was the one to get.

I'll have to post that question in the future when I get to that point.

It would be neat to get that router attachment that I just read about in the PSI catalog that takes advantage of the index feature.Would sure be fun to do,I think.

Steve

Top Bottom