Janis Joplin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulSF

PaulSF

I haven't been able to get to any pens this week, so here's a Baron Wolman photograph of Janis Joplin and bandmates that I framed this week. The mats are a combo of 4-ply white over 8-ply, and I painted the bevel on the 8-ply a weathered silver to match the frame.

Attachments

• Janis Joplin.jpg
    Janis Joplin.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you for sharing that.

I still miss you, Tex.

People, whether they know it or not, like their blues singers miserable. They like their blues singers to die afterwards.
-- Janis Joplin (January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970)

jskeen

Like Janis said, a long time ago:

"Why should I hold back now and sound mediocre just so I can sound mediocre twenty years from now?"

Not everybody from Port Arthur failed to understand you baby, some of us were just born a little to late!
Requiescat in pace

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Like Janis said, a long time ago:

"Why should I hold back now and sound mediocre just so I can sound mediocre twenty years from now?"

Not everybody from Port Arthur failed to understand you baby, some of us were just born a little to late!
Requiescat in pace
Are you from Port Arthur????

jskeen

Are you from Port Arthur????

Not originally, but lived there for several years before moving closer to Houston. I loved the Janis museum, and found it interesting that a place that rejected her so thoroughly while she was alive holds an annual festival in her name now that she is safely dead.

nava1uni

That looks great. That picture was taken here in Golden Gate Park at the Band Stand before the concession stand was removed. I used to listen to her play in Panhandle of the park for free and eat food provided by the Diggers. Seems like only yesterday. There was lots of great music here then just for the listening.

Top Bottom