Jack Pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

You know even at 41 I still get surprised by my Pop. I was telling him I was thinking of cutting up one of my sets of horns to try and make a pen. He didn't say anything other than that would be pretty.

Today I received a box from my Pop. When I opened it I found this.. Got a set cut up and made my first White Tail Antler slimline.

Attachments

• Horns.jpg
    Horns.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Shed Pen.jpg
    Shed Pen.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 296
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcnowland

You know even at 41 I still get surprised by my Pop. I was telling him I was thinking of cutting up one of my sets of horns to try and make a pen. He didn't say anything other than that would be pretty.

Today I received a box from my Pop. When I opened it I found this.. Got a set cut up and made my first White Tail Antler slimline.

How Great! I have an antler that I have been wanting to try and use, but very apprehensive about trying it.

plano_harry

Nice work Mike and welcome to IAP! If you are really careful about where you drill your hole, you can keep a little bit of the surface bark, especially if you look for pieces that are just barely bigger than the bushings. This stuff sells very well on the bullet pens.

Harry

Pjohnson

It is a great day at your house. Nice box. Keep up that relationship with Dad.
It means more to him than you might realize. Even if we think we do know how much.

Truer words could not be spoken. I miss my dad everyday and it has been 12 years. Cherish the time!!!!

Mike Powell

It is a great day at your house. Nice box. Keep up that relationship with Dad.
It means more to him than you might realize. Even if we think we do know how much.

Truer words could not be spoken. I miss my dad everyday and it has been 12 years. Cherish the time!!!!

Dad and I didnt get along to well untill I was about 23, mostly my fault, I thought I knew it all, and he was trying to teach me different. Once we worked out our differences, it is hard to seperate us when we are together. Heck, we even sit in the same deer blind while we are hunting so so we can be together. After a few years in the AF I nearly got out just because I was tired of being away from my Pop. Now that I know how smart he really is, I call him for help with most questions I have.

that is the kind of relationship we all desire to have with our children. I am a proud father, father-in-law, and husband. life just does not get better than this. as fathers we always love our children and only want the very best for each if you.

Top Bottom